Could Miles Simpson be on Kelly's radar?

Frank329

I will be one to offer congrats to Miles wherever he chooses to go to school. I played with and against his dad David back in the day and I have alot of respect for the family and this Highlands fan supports any decision Miles and family makes as it will be a good one for both parties. Good Luck. 20n10

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the same thing I heard, I hope he plays in Lexington.

My favorite place even with Kelly gone would be UC. Right across the river, new coach wanting to use new players for a new system, and Jones had already recruited him at CMU. However, (from what I hear) Miles and family don't like the area over there or the crime rate and I can repect those wishes.

I think he looked awfully good in blue and white the last 4 years why not just keep the colors right?

:laugh:I'd say most would forget about that pretty quick after you pick up an offer from ND. Maybe its just me, but it sure didn't bother AC.

AC pretty much stated UC wasn't the place for him even if Kelly had stayed. Apparently Miles liked both coach and the school, while Austin only liked the coach.

My favorite place even with Kelly gone would be UC. Right across the river, new coach wanting to use new players for a new system, and Jones had already recruited him at CMU. However, (from what I hear) Miles and family don't like the area over there or the crime rate and I can repect those wishes.

I think he looked awfully good in blue and white the last 4 years why not just keep the colors right?

I'd like to see him in a pro style offense and outside of Allen, he would be UK's biggest RB.

[/b]

These are very good qualities of this young man as I have heard. But cmon, a 5 hr drive to South Bend to watch your son play for the Irish has its rewards and its not just about the hoopla as you pointed out before that Miles is not about, its has qualities like honor, tradition, respect, etc, etc, etc. I am not trying to recruit the kid or tell him where to go to school but the other two schools that you have mentioned dont warrant a turn down of a ND scholarship. I just dont see him turning Kelly down if indeed he is offered. You saw how quick Collinsworth jumped at the offer and he had some of the teams you are mentioning beggin him to come to their schools, its a no brainer my man. :idunno:20n10

You have to remember, these kids have no knowledge of Notre Dame as a football power. Notre Dame last won a national championship well before any of these kids were born. To these kids on the football field, Notre Dame is not much different than a UK or UC based on the last 15 years. Someone help me out, but I will take a wild guess and say UK has won more bowl games than Notre Dame the past 15 years. So the football attraction to ND is only there if it was ingrained in you by your parents.

On the academics side, if you are a top level student really focused on having a high level name on your diploma, then Notre Dame's academics make the place very attractive. But if you are not a 28+ ACT kid and not focused on getting a post graduate degree, the academics are not as motivating either. Just being real here. And I am just talking in general without inferring anything upon a specific recruit.

Bottom line, Notre Dame is held in much higher regard by those of us who remember Lou Holtz coached there than these kids being recruited today.

You have to remember, these kids have no knowledge of Notre Dame as a football power. Notre Dame last won a national championship well before any of these kids were born. To these kids on the football field, Notre Dame is not much different than a UK or UC based on the last 15 years. Someone help me out, but I will take a wild guess and say UK has won more bowl games than Notre Dame the past 15 years. So the football attraction to ND is only there if it was ingrained in you by your parents.

On the academics side, if you are a top level student really focused on having a high level name on your diploma, then Notre Dame's academics make the place very attractive. But if you are not a 28+ ACT kid and not focused on getting a post graduate degree, the academics are not as motivating either. Just being real here. And I am just talking in general without inferring anything upon a specific recruit.

Bottom line, Notre Dame is held in much higher regard by those of us who remember Lou Holtz coached there than these kids being recruited today.

My daughter went to school with some girls that scored a 30 on their ACT and did not get accepted to ND.

Do AC and Simpson have similar scores?

And you are correct about having a high level name on your diploma.

...or by watching everytime ESPN slobbers all over them after a 6-2 start losing to a mediocre USC team, and a Michigan team that went 5-7!! Where did all that hype go when they lost their last four to finish 6-6 and decline a bowl bid?? These kids watch enough ESPN to know that Notre Dame used to be great. It seems like most everyone wants them to get back on top to sort of "restore order" in the NCAA Football landscape. Which personally, I enjoy their and Michigan's struggles alike!!

Yes, 99% of the Fish Eaters that they recruit they get. J/K, No, they dont get that many, I should have clarified myself, they probably get 99% or better yet 100% of 2 and 3 Star recruits they offer and I think that is probably correct. 20n10

Close but I think they will miss on 3 star DT Beau Allen, but they are already picking up a couple DTs so it's not a big deal.

...or by watching everytime ESPN slobbers all over them after a 6-2 start losing to a mediocre USC team, and a Michigan team that went 5-7!! Where did all that hype go when they lost their last four to finish 6-6 and decline a bowl bid?? These kids watch enough ESPN to know that Notre Dame used to be great. It seems like most everyone wants them to get back on top to sort of "restore order" in the NCAA Football landscape. Which personally, I enjoy their and Michigan's struggles alike!!

:thumb:

The other thing I do not think people are taking into consideration is all of these football players do not get full rides. It is over $50K to go there a year per their website. We know that AC can afford to go there but can Simpson truly afford this type or even half of this tuition cost? I am just throwing this out. You can only get so many grants and so many student loans. That is alot of debt to be in after a 4 or 5 year education.

My daughter went to school with some girls that scored a 30 on their ACT and did not get accepted to ND.

Do AC and Simpson have similar scores?

And you are correct about having a high level name on your diploma.

When my daughter was considering colleges ND's average ACT was between 32-34, with about one fourth of the students below that. How far below I don't know.

In all seriousness here. You sound as if you are very close to the situation. Are you saying that if ND would offer Miles that he would not accept because of how Kelly left UC. Are we talking about the same team? Notre Dame in South Bend IN. 20n10

Notre Dame??? Seriously, go into a locker room and talk to 70-80 HS kids about ND football. It means nothing to them. You can't find many HS Notre Dame football fans around metro Louisville anymore, and there used to be tons. You have to be middle-aged to remember when ND was more than an average team. I'm not saying it doesn't mean a lot to some kids, but waving a Notre Dame scholarship in front of athletes doesn't mean what it used to.

Maybe it's the exception, but my 14 year old knows quite a bit about Notre Dame, and he was amazed when I told him that Collinsworth was going there. I think ND is still in the top 10 in merchandise sales in the US.

Maybe my son is the product of a football junky, but I think more kids know about ND then some are giving them credit for.