Who is this year's Mr. Football winner?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM NOT questioning Andrews stats he has amazing ones, but how much do you think it hurts him playing 2A competition? Even though that shouldn't matter IMO.

I see what your talking about and thats true. I really dont know why he doesn't have more offers though. Miles Simpson would be my other choice also.

Rees Macshara and Antonio Andrews should be the top 2 candidates. While I may seemed biased because he plays for the team I cheer for, look at the boys stats. He is Mr. Everything for Boyle County. Anywho who has seen this boy plays knows that he is at least a top 3 candidate if not the Mr. Football winner. He is nothing short of amazing. If I were to throw a 3rd candidate in there it would be Miles Simpson.

With that said, I'll take a 6th state championship over a Mr. Football winner anyday. Go Rebs! Finish the Fight! :ylsuper:

So would Mr.Rees Macshara.:thumb:

5. Rees MacShara, RB, Boyle County

MacShara has led the Rebels to a 14-0 record and a date with Lone Oak in Bowling Green this Friday for a Class 4A state championship. The 5-9, 170 pounder has carried the ball 238 times this season, for 2,878 yards and 42 touchdowns. He has also caught 19 passes, for 347 yards and three more scores.

They left out that he had 46 tackles on defense along with 3 interceptions one of which was returned for a td.

So if my addition is right he has 3,225 total yards and 46 total tds.

All of these guys are deserving, but like the rest of you guys, I want my hometown kid, Rees MacShara to win it, and quite honestly, I think he deserves it, especially after last week's performance against Bell County.

I would say Austin Collinsworth hands down if he hadn't missed 4 games.

But how can you be considered for Mr Football and you not even the player of the year in your class. I have no dog in the race! I believe that Antonio Andrews wins it!

(I give the slight edge to dual-threat quarterback Antonio Andrews. All he has done is led the Falcons to a 14-0 record and a date with DeSales this Friday in the Class 2A state championship, where Fort Campbell will try and make three straight championships. The 6-0, 195 pound Andrews has completed 82-145 passes, for 1,589 yards, 27 touchdowns and six interceptions. He has also carried the ball 129 times, for 1,442 yards and 28 more scores.)

If I am not mistaken he also plays both ways at Defensive Bask too!

You are all forgetting the kid who WILL win it...Domonique Hayden at LCA.

Has set KHSAA Career Rushing TDs, Career Points scored, Career TD's, etc etc etc and is an integral part of this LCA Team heading to BG this weekend.

When you break all the records of previous Mr. Footballers - you must be REAL & MUST be considered and he IS a candidate. He also was named Class 1A Player of the Year by the KFCA - they know who the players are.

Look it up and you will see.

Plus he has had a great year again this year playing only 1/2 the games typically - much like the other candidates as well.

Has set KHSAA Career Rushing TDs, Career Points scored, Career TD's, etc etc etc and is an integral part of this LCA Team heading to BG this weekend.

When you break all the records of previous Mr. Footballers - you must be REAL & MUST be considered and he IS a candidate. He also was named Class 1A Player of the Year by the KFCA - they know who the players are.

Look it up and you will see.

Plus he has had a great year again this year playing only 1/2 the games typically - much like the other candidates as well.

Good points, but what will hurt his chances is that Domonique and MacShara will split the voters in Central Kentucky. Voters in WKY will vote for Andrews. NKY will be between Simpson and Collingsworth. I'm not sure how many voters are in Louisville but IMO they are the ones that will make the decision on who wins along with EKY voters.

By my count, the last 1A player to win the award was Travis Atwell of Hancock County in 1999, and that was something of a down year for Kentucky high school talent.

Before that, only two 1A players had won the award. Dennis Johnson of Harrodsburg in 1997 (and absolute freak of a football player; Division 1 player) and Scott Russell of Evarts in 1991 (I don't remember him, but do know he set many records).

Point being, the records and stats are all well and good, but 1A players tend to get left behind in the shuffle when it comes to Mr. Football. This isn't a knock on him, but I would be absolutely shocked if Hayden were to win.

Good points, but what will hurt his chances is that Domonique and MacShara will split the voters in Central Kentucky. Voters in WKY will vote for Andrews. NKY will be between Simpson and Collingsworth. I'm not sure how many voters are in Louisville but IMO they are the ones that will make the decision on who wins along with EKY voters.

You are probably correct - didnt think about that vote-split.