Favorite Movies (that are relatively unknown)

cch5432

Gods and Generals.

I watched that movie in theaters and I will never watch it again.

I have a degree in history and a particular focus on military history. There was nothing I enjoyed about that movie except seeing the end credits appear on the screen.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar to wrestler, I used to watch every movie that was released when I was in college, good or bad. Now, I see a movie in the theatre a few times a year.

Here some of the ones that really stand out for me.

Pi - directed by Darren Aronofsky

Judy Berlin - Never made it to the theatres outside of NY/LA. I was fortunate to be visiting a friend of mine at Emerson film school. We watched it before it was released and had a Q&A with the producer. Very cool. Last movie made by Madeline Kahn.

Happiness - Solondz flick (Welcome to the Dollhouse). This one is unique.

Without Limits - Best movie on Steve Prefontaine.

Life as a House - not as unknown, Kevin Kline is amazing.

Cube - One of the strangest movies I have ever seen.

Memento - Guy Pearce, very original

Johnny Stecchino - One of Roberto Benigni's first movies. Hilarious.

Pollock - Ed Harris as the famous artist.

American History X - Edward Norton's best role.

A classic.

On a related note, Andy Griffith did a bit nearly 60 years ago called "What it was, was football." Classic.

My parents had that routine on reel-to-reel tape with a few other comics, Homer and Jethro, the guy who did sound effects, etc.

I think I'll get me another Big Orange. :thumb:

I watched that movie in theaters and I will never watch it again.

I have a degree in history and a particular focus on military history. There was nothing I enjoyed about that movie except seeing the end credits appear on the screen.

I liked the battle scenes. I thought they did a pretty good job. It's not a block buster but I found it entertaining.

I liked the battle scenes. I thought they did a pretty good job. It's not a block buster but I found it entertaining.

Given the budget they had AND the hype leading up to it, it SHOULD have been one. It was a flop because it was long, boring and didn't have dialogue so much as it had monologues that just happened to occur within a short span of time of each other.

It's nothing personal against you Ets, its just that I had higher expectations when I saw it in theaters. That and I still don't find it a good movie outside of my expectations.