Favorite Movies (that are relatively unknown)

cch5432

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's give some love to some of those lesser known films. I'll start:

In Bruges- starring Colin Farrel, Brendon Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes- comedy/drama about two hitmen taking a vacation in Bruges, Belgium. Very profane language but very, very funny, but can switch from humorous to serious in a matter of seconds. Won some foreign film award. Just a great, great movie.

Miller's Crossing- an early Coen movie starring a typical Coen cast including Turturro and Buscemi. As artsy as most of their films but with a coherent plot as well. Haven't watched it in a few years, but if I recall correctly, it is about a guy rising up through the ranks in the mafia.

When was this released? I used to be obsessed with movies and tried to watch practically everything that came out in a given year. Now I rarely watch any movie. But it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

As a sidenote: I also have taken several film classes in my illustrious college career. They are occasionally offered at UK & LCC.

When was this released? I used to be obsessed with movies and tried to watch practically everything that came out in a given year. Now I rarely watch any movie. But it sounds like something I'd enjoy.

As a sidenote: I also have taken several film classes in my illustrious college career. They are occasionally offered at UK & LCC.

It came out in early 2008.

Two old comical westerns I love to watch whenever they're on TV (which is seldom) are "The Scalp Hunters" with Burt Lancaster, Ossie Davis, Telly Salvalis, and Angie Dickinson, and "Water Hole #3" with James Colburn and Carroll O'Conner. Both are as funny as it gets and very entertaining. They were made in the late 1960's.

I could be wrong but I don't think so. The director of Babel also did 21 Grams.

Nope, that guy also did 21 Grams and Amores Perros which are both excellent.

The director of Y tu mamá también is Alfonso Cuarón who also directed Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and there were concerns among parents when he was selected. Another decent flick he directed is Children of Men with Clive Owen.

Children of Men is what I was thinking of

2008 (or maybe 2007)