Favorite Movies (that are relatively unknown)

cch5432

I'm going to do twitteresque capsules of a few:

Cicade De Deus - 50% of the time I'd probably call this my favorite movie. It's easily the best movie of this decade.

Dogville - A Dane who has never set foot in America makes a movie with intensely harsh criticism of the USA. I still find it great and actually extremely evil. Nicole Kidman is very underappreciated for her role.

Malèna - An interesting movie that deals with one boy's obsession and one woman's beauty.

Audition - Now this is a horror film. I remember reading somewhere that Rob Zombie found this difficult to watch.

Y tu mamá también - Two boys in their teens and a beautiful 20 something go on a road triip...

I'll probably post a few more when I can get home and stare at my DVD collection.

And I'm fairly certain I only rented it to see what happened on that road trip...weird movie though.

The Secret of Roan Inish

Whale Rider

Don't mean to knock on you here, but I made the mistake of renting this movie once. It was pretty, amazingly boring. Almost as bad of a film as Dana Carvey's "Master of Disguise."

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm fairly certain I only rented it to see what happened on that road trip...weird movie though.

Don't mean to knock on you here, but I made the mistake of renting this movie once. It was pretty, amazingly boring. Almost as bad of a film as Dana Carvey's "Master of Disguise."

Different strokes for different folks.:thumb:

Audition - Now this is a horror film. I remember reading somewhere that Rob Zombie found this difficult to watch.

Other than the one famous scene, I found the rest of the movie to just be fantastically tense. I'm not really into the torture genre of horror films, but that one was pretty darn good. It's not like it's crazy, disgusting stuff from start to finish... well, definitely crazy.