Favorite Movies (that are relatively unknown)

cch5432

Let's give some love to some of those lesser known films. I'll start:

In Bruges- starring Colin Farrel, Brendon Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes- comedy/drama about two hitmen taking a vacation in Bruges, Belgium. Very profane language but very, very funny, but can switch from humorous to serious in a matter of seconds. Won some foreign film award. Just a great, great movie.

Miller's Crossing- an early Coen movie starring a typical Coen cast including Turturro and Buscemi. As artsy as most of their films but with a coherent plot as well. Haven't watched it in a few years, but if I recall correctly, it is about a guy rising up through the ranks in the mafia.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Stoned Age" is a classic -- sort of like "Dazed and Confused," but on a much smaller budget.

Chock full of great lines. As far as star power goes, it features Chyna Kantner (daughter of Grace Slick and Paul Kantner), as well as small roles for Taylor Negron (better known as "that gay guy"), Jake Busey and Frankie Avalon.

"She looks like that chick off the Virgin Killers album!"

"The Schnaapster!"

"The Stoned Age" is a classic -- sort of like "Dazed and Confused," but on a much smaller budget.

Chock full of great lines. As far as star power goes, it features Chyna Kantner (daughter of Grace Slick and Paul Kantner), as well as small roles for Taylor Negron (better known as "that gay guy"), Jake Busey and Frankie Avalon.

"She looks like that chick off the Virgin Killers album!"

"The Schnaapster!"

I love that movie, haven't seen it in years.

I love that movie, haven't seen it in years.

I actually have a VHS copy of it somewhere. It was such a low-budget operation that the tape plays on super-hi speed, meaning less tape was used to record it initially, as opposed to the standard play most VHS movies are recorded on for distribution.