Once more: Scott County, sans transfers ...

Trying again:

Interesting to read in a Scott County game thread that the Cardinals have depth issues, which is surprising considering that they have three high-profile transfers in the starting lineup and a couple more move-ins coming off the bench.

If Guyn, Euton, Jackson, Flannery and Co. weren't at Scott, just how good would the Cardinals be? Given a typical central Kentucky schedule, would they be .500 or better? Or worse?

And in a district with Bryan Station and Henry Clay with Guyn still in the fold, would they even get to the regional tournament?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The challenge here is knowing who isn't on the team now that might be on the team if the "transfers" were not around. However, its not a stretch to say they would not be the top team.

They aren't the top team.:deadhorse:

The challenge here is knowing who isn't on the team now that might be on the team if the "transfers" were not around. However, its not a stretch to say they would not be the top team.
I've been told that one player in Scott County's program last year transferred to Montgomery County. I assume there are some others that simply chose not to play basketball.

I remember reading here last year that the talent in the lower levels was down somewhat, and I saw that Scott County's freshman team was 6-12 last season.

All of that makes me wonder if the transfers helped the Cardinals avoid a down season or two.

I've been told that one player in Scott County's program last year transferred to Montgomery County. I assume there are some others that simply chose not to play basketball.

I remember reading here last year that the talent in the lower levels was down somewhat, and I saw that Scott County's freshman team was 6-12 last season.

All of that makes me wonder if the transfers helped the Cardinals avoid a down season or two.

I'd guess with Manning and Ivey that the SC frosh wouldn't be 6-12

The freshman team has only lost 2 games this year. Manning doesnt play frosh ball. Ivey Does but in limited minutes. He moved to Scott Co. for his freshman year so I personally dont think that is a "transfer" considering he lived 15 minutes down the road.

Their freshman class could easily be touted as the best in the state. Last years freshman team was 6-12. Their sophomore class has only 2 players that will ever see significant minutes. Barber starts JV and Shotwell was ruled ineligible this year or he'd be seeing some minutes on varsity and starting jv.

Their bench is loaded with talent with players such as Ford, Flannery, Ivey, Schu, and even Walker. Coach Hicks just doesnt sub as liberally as some coaches. But if needed their bench will preform.

I think Scott County is unfairly singled out when it comes to transfers. Most of the best teams in the state are beefed up with talent from outside their borders! It seems to be a trend that will only grow with success of teams like Scott County. Unfortunatly to compete you you must do what it takes!

I think Scott County is unfairly singled out when it comes to transfers. Most of the best teams in the state are beefed up with talent from outside their borders! It seems to be a trend that will only grow with success of teams like Scott County. Unfortunatly to compete you you must do what it takes!

:ohbrother:

:puke:

Most of the best teams in the state? Are you serious? Show me a team in the Top 15 that has kids in their starting lineup that live outside the borders?

Scott Co brought the attention to themselves and have a track record for bringing in the top players dating back to the Rick Jones days. Give me a break.

Edited by STRIKE3

Maybe it's time to scrap the system and do what they did in Indiana this year, which is let kids transfer wherever they want with no penalty.

I would be fine with that. For sure. As long as its an even playing field. At this point it really isnt, lets be honest. You can sugarcoat it all you want and create situations for reasons kids transfer.

Maybe it's time to scrap the system and do what they did in Indiana this year, which is let kids transfer wherever they want with no penalty.

Sure, why not, this would take alot of the pressure of of the KHSAA, this would be more fair for all, rather than to some.