Everything posted by Dowork
-
JaMel Riley and Brandon Housley
Nice, good for them.
- 9th region
-
Hood will lead the KY All Stars
Neat.
-
Holmes off the court encounter.
From Ryan Ernst blog: There's this e-mail that has been making the rounds in the Covington School District. It was forwarded to me today from the Covington City Manager. It's from a lady from Menifee County, writing to Covington superintendent Lynda Jackson. The subject line is: Behavior. Here it is: Ms. Jackson, I wanted to write to you briefly and mention some behavior I witnessed from your Holmes High School boys' basketball team. First, congratulations on their state championship. To me, this was overshadowed by their behavior at the Golden Corral in Lexington on March 20. My husband and I had just started our lunch when we overheard a waitress mention that the empty tables next to us needed to be reserved for a basketball team. We both groaned at the thought of spending our lunch with rambunctious teenagers. After a few minutes of observing your tam, I must say we were both shocked and pleasantly surprised. In our professions of law enforcement and truancy, our experiences with teenagers have not always been good ones. Your players were well behaved, polite, kind and respectful. They treated the waitress with dignity and answered her with "thank yous" and "yes ma'ams." When a lady needed to pass a specific table, one of your players stood up and said, "excuse me ma'am." I almost fell out of my seat. While you have much to be proud of with a team that heralds "state champions," that is second to the pride you should feel in helping these young men become fine adults. http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3ad3e29ac6-8d66-4ae4-bcba-8838eb19d605&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com
-
Players Moving on To College
Are you ill?
-
Players Moving on To College
True.
-
2009 State Program - Copy Needed
Thanks, just ordered mine.
-
2009 State Program - Copy Needed
On the same lines, did they print anymore T-Shirts?
-
KY IN tryout list
Is that Peter Griffin on the right side of that article?
-
What BGP member has the most Basketball Knowledge?
That might be the first post I've seen from "dragonfire"
-
What BGP member has the most Basketball Knowledge?
I see how you say that, Holmes would have won.
-
Holmes 2009-2010 Schedule....
:idunno:
-
Holmes in final national rankings
Hey, welcome back eta!!
-
Just for fun... How would Boone County have done in the State tournament?
Lost to Christian, they we're super fast and prolly would have won by 15+.
-
State Tournament Format
Agreed. This might have been the second title in a row, had they got to rest last year.
-
Bradley offers Holmes' R. Johnson
I heard that USC has started mailing him.
-
Holmes 67 Central 63 (2OT)
Are they selling the Champion T-Shirts anywhere? By the time I got to the booth, they only had youth S.
-
Holmes 72 Lexington Catholic 56
Congrats Dogs!!! 2 more!!
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
They said it's turning into a dunkfest.
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
So much for that run by Lex Cath.
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
59-42
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
57-40
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
3rd just started, both teams with misses, Lex Cath ball.
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
Sounds like that one-hander isn't falling like it was yesterday for Sanford.
-
Lexington Catholic/Holmes updates
Sweet.