Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gatlinburg

Featured Replies

I promised my family a trip to Gatlinburg. I have never been there. What are some things that I should do if I was to never go again?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We love the aquarium there. Really just experience the strip. Putt Putt is big there and of course the outlet malls. Apple Barn is a good restaurant. We actually stayed at an Econo Lodge that is very cheap but brand new, so its very nice and it has an indoor pool. We loved it. I personally don't like staying in the chalets, but only b/c our kids get car sick and you really have to drive windy roads to get to them.

Do a quick search on Gatlinburg, and you will find many posts about it, and its hot spots. ;)

Visit some of the BBQ restaurants.

I love Gatlinburg, not for any particular reason, just to relax. Might be making a trip there for Spring Break with some of the older guys.

Take a drive to Cades Cove, it is absolutely beautiful area and worth the extra time. Go to Pigeon Forge and eat at the Old Mill restaraunt, the are several very good places to eat in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Foge. Try the Log Cabin Pancake House in upper Gatlinburg for breakfast, will be one of if not the best breakfast that you have had (hint: Blackberry pancakes:thumb:). I am not onto all the shopping thing but a drive down Glades road thgrough the Smoky Mtn arts and crafts community is good. This is just a rural route that goes past shops, most of which are -peoples homes that do all different kinds of craft work (canes,Chairs, brooms, woodwork, leatherwork, candles, etc..). Very good quality and much cheaper than in the stores in downtown Gatlinburg.

Visit some of the BBQ restaurants.

 

:thumb:

Take a drive to Cades Cove, it is absolutely beautiful area and worth the extra time. Go to Pigeon Forge and eat at the Old Mill restaraunt, the are several very good places to eat in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Foge. Try the Log Cabin Pancake House in upper Gatlinburg for breakfast, will be one of if not the best breakfast that you have had (hint: Blackberry pancakes:thumb:). I am not onto all the shopping thing but a drive down Glades road thgrough the Smoky Mtn arts and crafts community is good. This is just a rural route that goes past shops, most of which are -peoples homes that do all different kinds of craft work (canes,Chairs, brooms, woodwork, leatherwork, candles, etc..). Very good quality and much cheaper than in the stores in downtown Gatlinburg.

 

Oh, yea on all of this. I would add the Bass Pro Shop - everything you can imagine and I have to always go to the largest scrapbook store anywhere.

Take a drive to Cades Cove, it is absolutely beautiful area and worth the extra time.

 

I have been there every time I have gone and on numerous visits I have gone 2-3 times. Up untill last year I always thought that there where no bears there. Than a Mama and 2 cubs! :thumb:

Most rental places have maps of various trails to walk. There are a variety of trails, some short and easy and some longer. The one we took led to a really cool waterfall.

 

I would recommend getting a chalet with a great view of the mountains. For the most part, I would stay out of downtown Gatlinburg....pretty junky.

 

If you kids like horseback riding, there is a place in the National Park that is nice and very reasonable. The guide takes you on some neat trails.

 

Lastly, be sure to bring steaks/meat to grill out. We could never find a good local store for grill outs. Havent been to Gatlinburg in a long time. Hope you enjoy it!

Gone several times, parking is hard for downtown G-Burg. We find a hotel and walk. let us know how it went.

Gone several times, parking is hard for downtown G-Burg. We find a hotel and walk. let us know how it went.

 

You can also park up on the mountain and take the tram down and back. Parking is better up there.

Might be going in March or April for the first time also, are those two months very busy hotel and chalet-wise?

I think Oldrambler has given you great advice. Where you stay and sight see depends on the age group of the people going, and also if you are taking children. Check out Gatlinburg.com. Some people like to stay in town and some like a chalet or cabin.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.