2009 Highlands

Ram

Come on up to practice anytime. Our first scrimmage is with Male on Aug. 14 at 7p.m. at Highlands. Our next 7 on 7 is Tues. July 28 9 a.m. til noon.:thumb:

Does anyone know any information on Louisville Male this year? Quarterback, running backs and other returning starters. Should be a nice barometer for the Birds. Good Luck both teams.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sir, you made my evening!

I'm sorry, but I just got back in town from a long weekend of 12 year old tourney baseball and I got a great big ole chuckle out of this comment. :lol:You will find out soon enough. Oh and by the way, practices are open. And when you come up, make sure you see Henry for the volunteer sign up sheet. Heard they have been hard at work!:thumb:

Does anyone know any information on Louisville Male this year? Quarterback' date=' running backs and other returning starters. Should be a nice barometer for the Birds. Good Luck both teams.[/quote']

Look up the Louisville Male thread. If I were computer savy I could just get you there in an instant, but I'm not. That thread should tell you all you want to know and if it does'nt, just post the question.

I'm sorry, but I just got back in town from a long weekend of 12 year old tourney baseball and I got a great big ole chuckle out of this comment. :lol:You will find out soon enough. Oh and by the way, practices are open. And when you come up, make sure you see Henry for the volunteer sign up sheet. Heard they have been hard at work!:thumb:
I'm stuck out here in Pendleton Co. where football is a bad joke that no one talks about! I'm starving for info on my beloved Birds! Could one of you feel sorry for my ignorance and explain 7on7 to me? Why 7 ?How do we get a solid look at all positions with 7? I'm sure it is a good training tool, but to be honest I've never heard of it till resently. I'm going to try to make it to the 7on7 tomorrow, but would like to have a basic understanding of the concept first. Edited by bugatti

Since it's a thread about HHS, he must be in Ft. Thomas.

Three and a half weeks till the season starts and really not a whole lot of bird talk going on. Why is it so quiet in Ft. Thomas, usually there is lots of information being spread about the birds and their opponents. Its kind of erie. Maybe its the calm before the storm. Maybe the birds don't want to let the cat out of the bag. I'm going crazy,where is all the Bluebird faithful?

Three and a half weeks till the season starts and really not a whole lot of bird talk going on. Why is it so quiet in Ft. Thomas, usually there is lots of information being spread about the birds and their opponents. Its kind of erie.
If you look down a ways, you'll find at least four threads here on the front page specifically about the Birds. :thumb:

But if there is a lack of talk, maybe it's because they prefer to wait for the results to speak for themselves.

As others have pointed out, it's impossible to compare teams. While we are all entitled to our opinions, the game's changed too much over the years, as have opponents and schedules, to be able to make valid comparisons. If they go 15-0, they would surely be in the conversation as JB pointed out, but lets hope the boys are concentrating on getting ready for the first game and not working on their "why we should be considered the best" argument, or they are going to have one miserable year. Way too many teams get fired up to play the Birds to begin with, add comments about this being perhaps the best team ever on here that are read by opponents, add the newspaper attention, add Dale's over the top comments and that equals opponents really gunning every week. Yes that happens to some degree every year, but I can promise you this: if I played for a Highlands opponent this year, I'd have been working harder than ever for a chance to beat this team and shut up the "how great we are" stuff. And the Birds players better realize that's coming at them.

Here is some more fodder for HHS opponents from Dale:

The Highlands Bluebirds, the two-time defending Kentucky 5A state champions, received national recognition this week by Rivals.com.

The website is currently releasing its top 100 teams in the nation in the RivalsHigh 100 five teams per day.

Highlands starts the year ranked No. 76 in the nation.

"This is as good as it gets for us," head coach Dale Mueller told the website. "This is the best group of seniors, juniors and sophomores we have had. We are planning on winning a state title and making a case for a national title as well."

We had this discussion around posts 335-350. It looks to me like Dale has a national title as a goal this year.

PrepNation.com 101 Preseason Countdown

Apart from the Rivals note above, more national love for the Highlands Bluebirds.

With Highlands schedule, I don't think they have any realistic shot of a National Title. In fact, I am going to flat out say that isn't possible. The only shot they would have is if they man-handle teams like St. Xavier (OH) and Dupont Manual and both those schools go on to deep playoff runs in their respective states and classes and I just don't see that happening for either team.

Tell you what...would have loved for my Cards to have a shot at this team as opposed to the one we beat last year. Seems like beating Highlands this year would have helped OUR case for a National Title. :D

Either way, good luck and stay healthy as you march towards yet ANOTHER state championship.

-CardinalsFan

Apart from the Rivals note above, more national love for the Highlands Bluebirds.

With Highlands schedule, I don't think they have any realistic shot of a National Title. In fact, I am going to flat out say that isn't possible. The only shot they would have is if they man-handle teams like St. Xavier (OH) and Dupont Manual and both those schools go on to deep playoff runs in their respective states and classes and I just don't see that happening for either team.

Tell you what...would have loved for my Cards to have a shot at this team as opposed to the one we beat last year. Seems like beating Highlands this year would have helped OUR case for a National Title. :D

Either way, good luck and stay healthy as you march towards yet ANOTHER state championship.

-CardinalsFan

I certainly don't think the Highlands team last year hurt your case in anything. Heck, you beat Ky 5A champs.

-CardinalsFan

What hurt your case the most last year was getting beat by Middletown and then not winning the state championship. :D

On a serious note, thanks for the wishes of good luck and good health. The same back at you and your Cardinals.

What hurt your case the most last year was getting beat by Middletown and then not winning the state championship. :D

On a serious note, thanks for the wishes of good luck and good health. The same back at you and your Cardinals.

I was referring to THIS season. With St. Xavier and Elder on the schedule, plus with the national recognition of the difficulty of the Ohio Division I playoffs, if Colerain could manage 15-0 this season, they would have a "chance" at a national title. All I was saying that if it were Highlands in week 3 instead of Manual, those chances would be enhanced.

However, going 15-0 is not likely with the schedule we have so it's no matter.

I may make it out to that Highlands/St. Xavier contest. Could be a doozy.

-CardinalsFan

Heck, you beat Ky 5A champs.

Yes...and in KY that means a lot, I know. But rightly or wrongly, in Ohio that means very little, and north of the I-275 loop, it means practically nothing. Telling someone in Columbus or Cleveland or Canton that we beat Highlands is the same as saying we beat (insert worst team you can think of here). It just doesn't hold any weight whatsoever.

And, unfortunately, truth be told, that won't change until Highlands beats some of the Cincy big boys they put on their schedule. I know the attitude every year is, "Well, we just want to compete and measure ourselves against the best and winning or losing really isn't all that important against teams like Colerain and the ones in the GCL.".....BULL-POOP! There is no way losing to these schools year-in and year-out sits well with ANYONE in Bluebird land. And if it does, well, you aren't the program I thought you were and you need to stop scheduling games you can not win.

You have a very realistic shot of beating a pretty decent St. Xavier squad this year. The game is at home...make it happen and the tide will begin to shift. I have tremendous respect for what Highlands has done and for what they are going to do. I sincerely do wish all of you the very best.

From one public school fan to another...GO BLUEBIRDS!!!

-CardinalsFan

^ I think that HHS going toe-to-toe with schools 3 and 4 times there size is great. When they do break through and win one it will be that much more impressive!!!

It probably means nothing to the people in Columbus or Cleveland when you say that you beat HHS because they(HHS) are the equivalent of beating a Div. 3 school in OHIO enrollment wise.

I was referring to THIS season. With St. Xavier and Elder on the schedule, plus with the national recognition of the difficulty of the Ohio Division I playoffs, if Colerain could manage 15-0 this season, they would have a "chance" at a national title. All I was saying that if it were Highlands in week 3 instead of Manual, those chances would be enhanced.

However, going 15-0 is not likely with the schedule we have so it's no matter.

I may make it out to that Highlands/St. Xavier contest. Could be a doozy.

-CardinalsFan

I know. I was just funning with you since you seem like a good egg. :thumb: