2009 Highlands

Ram

Actually, I think this group is ready for anything their upcoming opponents throw at them. Dale and Company always seem to get every last bit of effort from the boys and I'm sure this team will be no different.

If you remember, the 2007 seniors and team had quite a bit of hype to live up to. Folks were talking about that bunch when they were in the sixth grade. It was never "Will they win a State Title?" It was always, "how many rings will they get?" That team, with the seniors leading the way, simply refused to lose. The Trotwood and Central games that year attest to that. I'm confident that this class of seniors and supporting cast has at least as much moxy and determination as the 07 team and they will be just fine this season regardless of the hype and mile high expectations! I cannot wait for the opening kickoff!!!!

As a side note, in a 15 game schedule, how many of those opponents do you think will actually give AC the opportunity to return a kickoff or punt?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this year's players go into every game believing that they can win, but not considering it a given. I hope they approach the season with the idea that they have what it takes to be state champions, but not with the idea that they already are. I hope...no, I'm sure...each of our players understands that his individual effort, on every down, is critical for the team's success -- even if they're standing on the sidelines.

It's a team game, and a mental game. Dale and the staff always seem to have the guys in the right frame of mind to get the job done each Friday; this year will certainly be no exception. They will no doubt understand that games aren't won in pre-season polls, media hype, or flattering web posts. They're won the day after the previous season concludes...and everyday thereafter.

I hope this year's players go into every game believing that they can win, but not considering it a given. I hope they approach the season with the idea that they have what it takes to be state champions, but not with the idea that they already are. I hope...no, I'm sure...each of our players understands that his individual effort, on every down, is critical for the team's success -- even if they're standing on the sidelines.

It's a team game, and a mental game. Dale and the staff always seem to have the guys in the right frame of mind to get the job done each Friday; this year will certainly be no exception. They will no doubt understand that games aren't won in pre-season polls, media hype, or flattering web posts. They're won the day after the previous season concludes...and everyday thereafter.

Two very good points BF!

Upcoming 7 on 7's, I believe all are at Highlands

7/16 Mason Co 9am –noon

7/20 Moeller 9:30am-noon

7/23 Holmes/Taft/CHCA 5-9pm

7/28 Hamilton 9:30-noon

Thanks for the info, I have been looking for that schedule:thumb:

How did the 7 on 7 go yesterday? Who looked good?

Drennon, Rosenhagen, Gold, Welz, Roller and Gall all looked good catching the ball. Buten and Hogue did not participate due to minor nagging injuries. Collinsworth only played D.

D looked okay but not spectacular. Part of that was due to Mason County having a very good qb and very good receivers; part of that was due to constant shuffling of players on D (which Mason County may have also been doing when they were on D. I'm not familiar enough with their players to know.)

Not as good as last week to be honest but as L/N mentioned they had their moments. In defense of the D, Highlands would send two rushers many times and only have 6 in coverage. On D Mason county would have eight back in coverage and every once and a while send one rusher and still leave seven in coverage.

Highlands was really mixing it up yesterday and I liked the double tight end formation.