Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

I was going to assume that but Rowan is closer to Mason so I wasn't sure.

 

Read post #355. Not sure why he would be very concerned if he wasn't going to Highlands.:thumb:

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's a defensive lineman and a senior. He started at offensive tackle and defensive tackle for Rowan County the past three years. He's about 6-1 and 250 pounds. Nice kid.

He's a defensive lineman and a senior. He started at offensive tackle and defensive tackle for Rowan County the past three years. He's about 6-1 and 250 pounds. Nice kid.

When does the kid expect to hear from the KHSAA regarding whether he'll be eligible to play football this year or not?

When does the kid expect to hear from the KHSAA regarding whether he'll be eligible to play football this year or not?
The night before the state final. :cool:
The night before the state final. :cool:

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just saw AC on Channel 19. He is really filling out physically.

 

I predict it will either be UC or UK for his college selection.

When does the kid expect to hear from the KHSAA regarding whether he'll be eligible to play football this year or not?

 

Let's just hope this doesn't drag into the season. That can only be accomplished by the KHSAA and school doing their homework!

Kind of lost here. Why would the kid from Rowen Cty. have any eligibility issues?

I keep hearing how loaded this team is with talent and was just curious how many have officially picked up D-1 offers and from where. I know that Tyler Grubbs has committed to Miami of Ohio, but was just curious about the rest.

I keep hearing how loaded this team is with talent and was just curious how many have officially picked up D-1 offers and from where. I know that Tyler Grubbs has committed to Miami of Ohio, but was just curious about the rest.

I believe that two Highlands players have received D-I offers so far: Grubbs and Collinsworth. Grubbs has already committed to Miami (Ohio), although he had other offers (WKU and Troy, if I remember). Collinsworth has offers from UK, UL, UC, Stanford and Vandy so far, and he is uncommitted at this point.

 

Some of the team's most talented players have probably not received offers at this time because of A. concerns about some injury issues last year (I can think of two guys that fall into this category), and B. the player didn't start last year (i.e. QB Will Bardo).

New guy here.How's everybody doing!I'm an old birds fan that has few computer skills and has never communicated on the net.I have enjoyed looking at this tread and have finally been able to find information about the upcoming season.You folks have got me pumped about this group of kids!Thanks!I went to highlands years ago but have always followed the Birds.Go to games when I can,and try my best to make the state finals.I was on the team but was to slow to start,but loooooved busting heads with some very tough kids!It was a great experience that made basic training a piece of (CAKE)!Other men would ask me,how can you take this misery so easily!How can a short,fat boy like you run 2 miles without walking some of it!I would say with pride that I came from Ft. Thomas Highlands football,and a double session in death valley made this look like cub scout camp!Please forgive me for not having much to add,you guys are my only source of information.I have lived in Pendleton Co. for over 20 years.I would love to watch a practice but don't know if it is permited,it used to be frowned upon.Thanks again!

New guy here.How's everybody doing!I'm an old birds fan that has few computer skills and has never communicated on the net.I have enjoyed looking at this tread and have finally been able to find information about the upcoming season.You folks have got me pumped about this group of kids!Thanks!I went to highlands years ago but have always followed the Birds.Go to games when I can,and try my best to make the state finals.I was on the team but was to slow to start,but loooooved busting heads with some very tough kids!It was a great experience that made basic training a piece of (CAKE)!Other men would ask me,how can you take this misery so easily!How can a short,fat boy like you run 2 miles without walking some of it!I would say with pride that I came from Ft. Thomas Highlands football,and a double session in death valley made this look like cub scout camp!Please forgive me for not having much to add,you guys are my only source of information.I have lived in Pendleton Co. for over 20 years.I would love to watch a practice but don't know if it is permited,it used to be frowned upon.Thanks again!

 

Come on up to practice anytime. Our first scrimmage is with Male on Aug. 14 at 7p.m. at Highlands. Our next 7 on 7 is Tues. July 28 9 a.m. til noon.:thumb:

New guy here.How's everybody doing!I'm an old birds fan that has few computer skills and has never communicated on the net.I have enjoyed looking at this tread and have finally been able to find information about the upcoming season.You folks have got me pumped about this group of kids!Thanks!I went to highlands years ago but have always followed the Birds.Go to games when I can,and try my best to make the state finals.I was on the team but was to slow to start,but loooooved busting heads with some very tough kids!It was a great experience that made basic training a piece of (CAKE)!Other men would ask me,how can you take this misery so easily!How can a short,fat boy like you run 2 miles without walking some of it!I would say with pride that I came from Ft. Thomas Highlands football,and a double session in death valley made this look like cub scout camp!Please forgive me for not having much to add,you guys are my only source of information.I have lived in Pendleton Co. for over 20 years.I would love to watch a practice but don't know if it is permited,it used to be frowned upon.Thanks again!

 

Like many of us, you sound if as you've got great memories from playing at HHS. Please come around and introduce yourself. It's great to watch practice and swap stories about the old days.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.