Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

Any new standouts?

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any new standouts?

 

Yes, John Drennan WR, in addition to an already very talented WR corps, even with moving Austin C to RB.

With the dead period coming to an end, I figured it would be a good time to bring this thread back to life.

Upcoming 7 on 7's, I believe all are at Highlands

7/16 Mason Co 9am –noon

7/20 Moeller 9:30am-noon

7/23 Holmes/Taft/CHCA 5-9pm

7/28 Hamilton 9:30-noon

I think this is going to be the greatest team in the history of Highlands football - and I am not joking or just trying to stir things up.

I think this is going to be the greatest team in the history of Highlands football - and I am not joking or just trying to stir things up.

 

 

 

 

BTW, I hope you are right. When this year's seniors were freshman there were tremendous expectations for them. They didn't blow everybody out, but they did win every game. The schedule has some awfully good teams on it and will be a challenge. I believe most will be very happy to accomplish their goals. I am not sure being the best team in the history of HHS football is one of the goals.

Edited by bugatti

I think this is going to be the greatest team in the history of Highlands football - and I am not joking or just trying to stir things up.

I agree that ON PAPER this team could possibly be considered the greatest, but so many things can come up just before or during the season that can have a huge impact on the team's performance. This time last year a lot of people were talking about Josh Conner being a major contender for Mr. Kentucky Football... who would have predicted that he would break his leg right before the season, miss most of the year, and not really return to his pre-injury form during the season/postseason???

I think this is going to be the greatest team in the history of Highlands football - and I am not joking or just trying to stir things up.

 

I like your thinking, but first things first!

BTW, I hope you are right. When this year's seniors were freshman there were tremendous expectations for them. They didn't blow everybody out, but they did win every game. The schedule has some awfully good teams on it and will be a challenge. I believe most will be very happy to accomplish their goals. I am not sure being the best team in the history of HHS football is one of the goals.

 

Now that's a a great post.:thumb:

This team needs to set the bar high. It doesn't get any higher than being the best team in Highlands history. A lot of other goals need to be in place and achieved to get to that one but that should be the ultimate goal for this team's talent.

This team needs to set the bar high. It doesn't get any higher than being the best team in Highlands history. A lot of other goals need to be in place and achieved to get to that one but that should be the ultimate goal for this team's talent.

 

 

The ultimate goal you point out is pretty subjective. How can you measure if they are the best team in HHS history?

 

They go undefeated? No, there were others that did that.

 

They win State? Again, others have done that.

 

There really isn't a generally accepted measure to even evaluate one team vs. another.

 

I have no doubt that they have the bar set plenty high already.

The ultimate goal you point out is pretty subjective. How can you measure if they are the best team in HHS history?

 

They go undefeated? No, there were others that did that.

 

They win State? Again, others have done that.

 

There really isn't a generally accepted measure to even evaluate one team vs. another.

 

I have no doubt that they have the bar set plenty high already.

 

I would agree. The goal is to be 5A State Champions.

The ultimate goal you point out is pretty subjective. How can you measure if they are the best team in HHS history?

 

They go undefeated? No, there were others that did that.

 

They win State? Again, others have done that.

 

There really isn't a generally accepted measure to even evaluate one team vs. another.

 

I have no doubt that they have the bar set plenty high already.

I agree with what you've said, but something tells me that IF Highlands manages to go 15-0 in 2009, this squad will definitely be in the conversation regarding best Highlands team ever, since going undefeated will mean that they beat Cincinnati Saint Xavier (in addition to being state champs). Beating a big-time Cincy D-I program is something that most previous Highlands teams can't brag about.

 

That's a BIG IF, in my opinion, given how deep and talented Cincy Saint X usually is.

I think I speak for many when I say that we cannot wait until this current senior class moves onto higher education.

I think this is going to be the greatest team in the history of Highlands football - and I am not joking or just trying to stir things up.

 

As others have pointed out, it's impossible to compare teams. While we are all entitled to our opinions, the game's changed too much over the years, as have opponents and schedules, to be able to make valid comparisons. If they go 15-0, they would surely be in the conversation as JB pointed out, but lets hope the boys are concentrating on getting ready for the first game and not working on their "why we should be considered the best" argument, or they are going to have one miserable year. Way too many teams get fired up to play the Birds to begin with, add comments about this being perhaps the best team ever on here that are read by opponents, add the newspaper attention, add Dale's over the top comments and that equals opponents really gunning every week. Yes that happens to some degree every year, but I can promise you this: if I played for a Highlands opponent this year, I'd have been working harder than ever for a chance to beat this team and shut up the "how great we are" stuff. And the Birds players better realize that's coming at them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.