Smallest Counties in KY

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed this topic, great job Lion Mania. One interesting county is Pike which is very large as far as square miles but not so much in poulation. At one time not to long ago I think they had something like 10 high schools with Belfry being 3A at the time, Johns Creek 2A with 8 A schools. Since consolidation I think it is now 4AA schools & 2 single A schools.

Thanks and how time does fly. Speaking of old Pike County schools it seems just a few years ago that I was watching Elkhorn City play in the Sweet 16. Maybe someone can name all the schools they had say 20 years ago in Pike County which is a huge county land mass wise??

Thanks and how time does fly. Speaking of old Pike County schools it seems just a few years ago that I was watching Elkhorn City play in the Sweet 16. Maybe someone can name all the schools they had say 20 years ago in Pike County which is a huge county land mass wise??

That was back in the early 90's when Elkhorn City went to Rupp and were led by "Hef" Conley. Mullins, Johns Creek, Phelps, Belfry, Pikeville, Virgie, Dorton, Elkhorn City, Millard, and Feds Creek I believe were the high schools in Pike Co. around 20 years ago. We are now down to 6 schools in Pike Co. Those being Pike Central, Phelps, Belfry, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, and East Ridge.

This is from 2000 http://www.uky.edu/KentuckyAtlas/kentucky-counties.html

I knew Robertson and Gallatin were small, but I did't know they were barely 100 square miles.

Does Bracken have a stop light? I think Lewis has 1.

Bracken has 2 caution lights that I know of. One is in Augusta on 19 and the other is on the AA at the intersection of 19. Augusta at one time had two stop lights.

Elliott county has no railroad or river in it. no major highways either.

We don't have a traffic light either!!!!!! I guess we'd have to have enough traffic in town to warrant a light. The only times it would be advantageous would be right after school and ofcourse . . . right after a ball game!! :ylsuper: