Who are the best freshmen and sophomores in 08

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbell County: There is another Sauerbeck in the fold. Should start on the "O" line, Jake Rebholz will start at LB, Nate Geiman at receiver, all Sophs. No Freshman for CC play Varsity, but there is a plenty of talented linemen that should compete for spots at the Varsity level in 2010.

Carton broke his hand punching a bed. I guess that bed will suffer all year. What a shame.

Carton with a broken hand, IMHO, is still head and shoulders better than all other backs on the Bobcats squad:sssh:, With the exception of Spencer Greer of course. Plain and simple, Dominic Carton is an absolute beast running the ball, and if he keeps his mind on football has the potential to go down as one of Bell County's best, IMO.

Carton with a broken hand, IMHO, is still head and shoulders better than all other backs on the Bobcats squad:sssh:, With the exception of Spencer Greer of course. Plain and simple, Dominic Carton is an absolute beast running the ball, and if he keeps his mind on football has the potential to go down as one of Bell County's best, IMO.

I agree with you on this one, I had the pleasure of playing against him in middle school and he was one of the best backs I have seen at that age.

Edited by Ram

I agree with you on this one, I had the pleasure of playing against him in middle school and he was one of the best backs I have seen at that age.

I had grown accustomed to watching the Bell middle squad put 6 up in around, 4 carries for Carton in a drive, sometimes less than 4 carries.:sssh: But of course, middle school to high school is a whole different game, but going from what I saw last year, he racked up well over 100 against McCreary Central, in the Lex Cath. game, it was taking 4 and 5 defenders to bring him down every time he touched the ball, which was the case in nearly every game he got touches..as a freshman by the way:thumb: He's got the power, speed, and moves to be very special for the Bobcats, it just comes down to whether or not he lives up to the potential.

• 3 weeks later...

Harlan County will be starting 2 or 3 10th graders, they have the chance to be awesome for 3 years. They are fast and athletic.

I'd be willing to stack their 9th grade team up against anyone in the state, bar none. I've seen over 200 freshmen teams and this ranks right up there with the best of any from any school over the years. Big, strong and fast. None of them are out of shape or too heavy. Plus there are about 33 of them.

The 8th grade will probably be better than them though.

The future for Black Bear football is bright.:cool: These younger boys LOVE it! The excitement of this new program will hopefully keep our numbers up in elementary and middle school so that we can feed the high school some quality athletes.

I agree that this Freshmen team will refuse to lose. That's a great class!

At Montgomery County

Seth Dotson (SO)-started 4 games at QB leading the indians to a playoff win over Woodford County. He has to step his game and leadership skills up, the offense was hit pretty had by graduation.

Chris Kendrick (FR)- 6'3 190lbs. defensive end. He runs in the low 4.8's, with some expierence, he could turn into a great player.

Kendrick is a sophomore.