Who are the best freshmen and sophomores in 08

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Slaughter has a real chance to start as a freshman. Storm Wilson could also start. What other 9th graders do you think will play Future?
Storm Wilson will definately get playing time as a freshman along with Slaughter. I would put DJ townsend down as getting playing time but I don't know if he is going to be playing football this year. I hope he does because he made a big impact last year. I am not sure what Somerset has coming back on the line, but Taylor Speaks could definately see some action. I really like this class and these are the four that are capable of contributing this year as freshmen.

Storm Wilson will definately get playing time as a freshman along with Slaughter. I would put DJ townsend down as getting playing time but I don't know if he is going to be playing football this year. I hope he does because he made a big impact last year. I am not sure what Somerset has coming back on the line, but Taylor Speaks could definately see some action. I really like this class and these are the four that are capable of contributing this year as freshmen.

D.J. has said that he's going to sit out his freshman year to try and earn a starting spot on the baseketball team but that he plans on returning for his sophmore season. I think he would definately have seen some playing time had he come out. I think Jarred Price and Alex Lange could also contribute on special teams and even some on defense as well.

D.J. has said that he's going to sit out his freshman year to try and earn a starting spot on the baseketball team but that he plans on returning for his sophmore season. I think he would definately have seen some playing time had he come out. I think Jarred Price and Alex Lange could also contribute on special teams and even some on defense as well.
:thumb:

Many believe that Devontae Beach will be doing a lot of blocking for Finch. Beach is a beast. Lamont McMurry and Jay Hayden ran the ball last year but may be seen of the defensive side? Ryan Loehnert is a very capable passer, but is playing behind some experienced upper classmen. Jake Bickel is a talented linebacker. There are others. St. X has a lot of depth. A number of their sophomores would be starting on other team's varsity.

Carton missed one pass scrimmage in which half the baseball team missed and others missed as well. Missed two practice sessions just this week due to family vacation, so what are you talking about? He is there and roaring to go from what I see. Throwing eggs is really a crime.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

SOPH 6'2 210LBS RB JEREMY COLEMAN HOPKINSVILLE: Jeremy started the last game of the year in the first round against Christian County. He rushed for over 100 yards 1 TD and two called back. This kid will be the next great back at Hoptown. Laser timed in the forty at 4.63 and has the body frame to add 20-30 pounds before his senior year. UK has already been looking at his film against county and have came by twice to talk to him. The only draw back is AAU coaches have him beliving that he will be a big time power forward in college. This kept him away from the weights this spring and summer. Hopefully he will realize that football will be his meal ticket and play basketball only during the season.

Freshman DT Swartz (61) for Simon Kenton is one big kid. He lifted alot in the off season. Has anyone see the legs on that kid. I don't know that the SK freshman of this year will be able to do what the team did last year, but if someone gets hit by Swartz they will know it. There are a few others that standout, but again...I don't see what I was seeing last year as far as talent