Who are the best freshmen and sophomores in 08

A young man named Lamar Dawson played against some VERY good comp. last year as a freshman. He's got a D1 body and is a great kid. He is now 6'2" and a very solid 230. Should draw lots of attention over the next three seasons and actually already has.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A young man named Lamar Dawson played against some VERY good comp. last year as a freshman. He's got a D1 body and is a great kid. He is now 6'2" and a very solid 230. Should draw lots of attention over the next three seasons and actually already has.
Welcome to BGP 64black&gold and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

New Member forum

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

Two So. from Tates Creek that are going to have a big impact this year on the field and have very bright futures are;

TB - Jontez Jones

FB/LB Jonathon Meadors

Jonathon Meadors I went to school with him in the 4th or 5th grade great kid and athletic

Dominic Carton is around but can't seem to stay outa trouble. He missed a lot of spring practices and pass scrimmages. Man, what ever happened to old school when things were taken care of on the field after practice. Kids just seem to know they can get away with just about anything. Bell WILL make it with or without him.

I'm not completely sure on the topic of Carton staying in trouble, that may or may not be the case. I do know though, from Bell County's annual midnight madness, the carries seemed spilt between Greer, Carton, and Junior, Matt Raines. I saw the Davenport kid, I beleive Cory, correct me if Im wrong, get 2 or 3 carries, and they were impressive. But, from what I could tell, Carton is ready to explode this year, was only tackled once that I saw, may be wrong, but I only saw him hit the ground once.

Greenup county does have a strong sophomore class, they only got beat by Ashland last year as Freshmen and should have won that game, threw an interception at the goal line which was ran all the way back for a TD.. Lyle, Kitchen, Grayson and back up QB Riester are all very talented and Kitchen (Lineman) (pushing 1600 club) is the strongest on the team with Lyle (Backfield and Linebacker) at #3 on the strength chart. Craft has a ton of targets this year...

Highlands has some talented sophomores; not sure that any of them will crack the starting lineup though. Actually I'd say its highly unlikely. But Compton and Sullivan have looked good at linebacker. Duennes has nice speed and quickness at running back. Abner looked very good at qb Friday night (he seems to have really increased the velocity on his passes). Meyers and Hahn looked pretty good on the line. Seems like most of the sophomores are starting to "get it" this year. Keep up the hard work.

Highlands has some talented sophomores; not sure that any of them will crack the starting lineup though. Actually I'd say its highly unlikely. But Compton and Sullivan have looked good at linebacker. Duennes has nice speed and quickness at running back. Abner looked very good at qb Friday night (he seems to have really increased the velocity on his passes). Meyers and Hahn looked pretty good on the line. Seems like most of the sophomores are starting to "get it" this year. Keep up the hard work.

I thought "biscuit" did a very good job snapping Friday! And is "Hail Terry" O' Briens brother a soph? He was the outstanding player of the scrimmage in my book!

I thought "biscuit" did a very good job snapping Friday! And is "Hail Terry" O' Briens brother a soph? He was the outstanding player of the scrimmage in my book!

Biscuit remains a work in progress, but it is obvious that he is working very hard. Big upside to him. I am very proud of his improvements from last year. And you're right about the young O'Brien. He had some very nice catches. Thanks for pointing those two young men out. They deserve some props.

Carton broke his hand punching a bed. I guess that bed will suffer all year. What a shame.

Hopefully he can get straightened out. I know the staff will do anything they can to help the young man, or anyone else for that matter. But they also have expectations that he has to meet as well.