Track the Reds (Week 5)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously???? NO!!! You never, ever ever ever!!!!!! walk a guy to put the winning run at the plate.

Yeah, I kind of re-thought it after I posted it, and hoped no cruel poster would notice it :p Baseball strategy doesn't come as natural to me as the rest of you, I need to think more before I post.

Mike Schmidt's numbers through his first 4 years. He played different spots in the infield his first couple years before moving over to third base full time his 3rd year. All told he committed SEVENTY errors those first four years. Here are his offensive stats.

untitled-4.jpg

E5 has committed 59 errors, including the ones so far this year and we still have a good chunk of the season to go.

untitled2.jpg

Wow look at games played. 162 in '74 for Schmidt, and one steal short of 30/30 in '75! Think E-5 can approach that?

I can't believe we're comparing Encarnacion to Mike Schmidt.

I didn't hear the tv broadcast because I was listening to Marty and Thom on the radio as I watched the game, but he probably compared the play that E-5 made last night to being as good as Mike Schmidt or Brooks Robinson used to make, or to the fact that when Mike Schmidt came up that he was terrible defensively, and he made himself into a Gold glover with his hard work, just like E-5 is doing now. I think it's a very good comparison. E-5 has the capability to be as good defensively as Mike Schmidt was.

I didn't hear the tv broadcast because I was listening to Marty and Thom on the radio as I watched the game, but he probably compared the play that E-5 made last night to being as good as Mike Schmidt or Brooks Robinson used to make, or to the fact that when Mike Schmidt came up that he was terrible defensively, and he made himself into a Gold glover with his hard work, just like E-5 is doing now. I think it's a very good comparison. E-5 has the capability to be as good defensively as Mike Schmidt was.

I still think that is a little bit out there. Encarnacion has the potential to be a very good thirdbaseman but as good as Mike Schmidt? I just don't see it. You're talking about one of the (probably) Top 5 guys ever defensively at that position and someone that won 10 Gold Gloves (2nd All-Time) at 3rd. I think he could definately be one of the Top 5 thirdbasemen in the league among his comtemporaries but off All-Time, that's a stretch. I see more of a Craig Nettles type potential from him. Which would be very good.