Track the Reds (Week 5)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds will send Bronson Arroyo (0-3, 7.56 ERA) to the mound, hoping he can bounce back from his worst start of the season. Arroyo lasted just 3 2-3 innings on Wednesday against the Astros, allowing eight runs and 10 hits in a 9-3 loss.

“I feel great,” said Arroyo, who hasn’t made it through six innings yet. “I’ve watched the video, but there’s nothing to see.”

Arroyo is 3-5 with a 4.21 ERA in 12 career starts against the Cardinals. The right-hander is just 1-4 with a 5.59 ERA in seven starts in St. Louis.

Todd Wellemeyer (2-0, 3.77) counters for the Cardinals. He allowed four runs and seven hits in six innings on Wednesday against the Pirates, but did not receive a decision in the 7-4 loss.

Wellemeyer has made 14 relief appearances and just one start against the Reds. As a starter, the right-hander allowed two runs and two hits in 3 2-3 innings in a 4-3 win on June 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview?gid=280428124

I started to post but laid off for LCRW. The Reds won today and scored a lot of runs (granted it was Zito man has he fallen apart... cough cough roids?). Dunn+Griff out and the Reds score a lot of runs + win..... hmmmmm! I love it! Phillips even decided to start heating up. Nice day to be a Reds fan:)

The young V-stud has the presence on the mound of a veteran. Nothing seems to rattle him. He exudes a load of confidence...and why not? The kid has an amazing arm and a killer change of pace pitch.

I liked Hamilton but I love talented young arms, and the Reds certainly have one with this young man. He and Harang are the best we throw out there right now.

The young V-stud has the presence on the mound of a veteran. Nothing seems to rattle him. He exudes a load of confidence...and why not? The kid has an amazing arm and a killer change of pace pitch.

I liked Hamilton but I love talented young arms, and the Reds certainly have one with this young man. He and Harang are the best we throw out there right now.

No doubt they best we have to offer at this juncture... I liked Hamilton too but outfielders are a lot easier to find than good arms...