Track the Reds (Week 5)

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

Ryan Freel isn't in the lineup for tonight's game with Cardinals. I approached him for a "Gee, you're hitting well" note. I got a little more of a story.

Freel is angry and frustrated.

"I'm trying to be careful about what I say,” Freel said. “I've really got nothing good to say right now. There was a lot of stuff said that misinterpreted or mis-communicated this offseason."

"It would have stunned a lot of people if they heard what was said about me. Apparently, I said I couldn't play every day to the manager. Apparently, I told him that this offseason. That would have never come out of mouth."

Therein lies the problem. Freel thinks that Dusty Baker misunderstanding of something Freel said led to some of the moves the Reds made -- like bringing in Corey Patterson to play center field and leadoff.

"I talked to Wayne (Krivsky) to tell him I didn't say that," Freel said. "I would never in a million years say that. They gave me a two-year ($7 million) deal. I don't think it was to do this. It's frustrating. I can't explain it. There’s a lot going on. It's a shame that I had to address it like this. I didn't want to get the media involved."

Freel and Baker have talked

Doesn't really seem like Dusty cares.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic