Ok UK fans defend this one...

RowdyRedRam

You got that right... :sssh:

Maybe they could settle for outrecruiting South Carolina or Mississippi State.

As sad as that may sound, that's the way it's always going to be. UK is never going to outrecruit the schools I listed.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let's be fair here. Michigan may have been overrated last season but I think they have a little bit better than an above average national profile. Don't you? I would think they would have an elite national profile. What is really a bigger upset: A defending 1-AA defending National Champion vs. Michigan or an 8-3 1-AA team vs. an SEC also-ran that normally ranks 10-12th in recruiting in the SEC? GT last season you were the one that campaigned so passionately for UK to play in the prestigous Sunday spot. All that being said I think Barnhard and Brooks are doing this more to get under UL's skin than out of any fear of Norfolk State. Although after the Michigan/Appy State episode last year maybe they are concerned.

What does this have to do with my post you quoted?

What you point out is why UK fans should be furious over these petty jabs at UL. They are turning down the chance to become bigger and better than ever to have a 5th grade spitball fight. It's silly, and beyond weak...

That's what it had to do with your post. Last season you said UK was weak for not playing in the spot that they're supposed to play in this season. If that spot was good enough last season why isn't it good enough for a UK team with a lot of losses to graduation this season. Brooks has led UK to back to back 8 win seasons for the first time in forever--maybe he knows what he's doing a little bit.

Here's the thing. How many more viewers will tune in on Monday vs. Sunday? Out of those viewers how many are undecided, big time Division I recruits? Out of those how many are suddenly going to say, "Hey if I spurn Florida and LSU I'll get to play Louisville on Labor Day on ESPN." Get real, it ain't many. What do you think go more media attention last season: UK's upset of UL, the FSU-Miami game, or the UK upset of LSU? I'll go ahead and ranke them. 1. UK-LSU 2. UK-UL 3. FSU-Miami.

The ones interested will watch. How do I know? Because kids tell me about watching UC from far and wide on their radar when the Cats have a national game. Never fails. EVERY time.

Keep digging your head in the sand, and keep being fine with "we'll never be able to recruit like the rest of the big bad SEC" while ducking chances for exposure. It's quite sad, really...

The ones interested will watch. How do I know? Because kids tell me about watching UC from far and wide on their radar when the Cats have a national game. Never fails. EVERY time.

Keep digging your head in the sand, and keep being fine with "we'll never be able to recruit like the rest of the big bad SEC" while ducking chances for exposure. It's quite sad, really...

How many of those kids were already very interested in UC and how many changed their commitment because getting to watch UC on ESPN? Actually, I think the turnaround the last couple of seasons has been far from sad for UK--it has actually been a lot of fun.

That's what it had to do with your post. Last season you said UK was weak for not playing in the spot that they're supposed to play in this season. If that spot was good enough last season why isn't it good enough for a UK team with a lot of losses to graduation this season. Brooks has led UK to back to back 8 win seasons for the first time in forever--maybe he knows what he's doing a little bit.

I highly doubt UL went to ESPN asking for the Monday slot. UK has imporved the program with the two seasons you mention, and ESPN offered an even better national time slot. Now UK is playing games with UL. I hope UK never plays another national exposure game again. It would be more than fine with me to flip past them on the occasional Jefferson Pilot or the 2 am tape delay.

You guys should be the one demanding better. Instead it's the lemming walk because it ticks off the UL crowd...

C'mon GT. How many times did UK play on national tv last year? You and I both know that the Cats aren't hurting for exposure.

Look at our schedule this year, and well I don't see to many other games where we will be having national exposure. Also as you said we have a young offense, so good chance no one really is going to pick us up for a National televised game next year like this past year.

Like it or not GT and the UL fans have very good points here. We have a chance to get National Exposure here, and also build up this rivalry against UL across the country. They are willing to put us in a spot that is usually reserved for FSU and Miami. Which means ESPN knows that this could be a big rivalry coming about, yet we are not going to let it happen.

How many of those kids were already very interested in UC and how many changed their commitment because getting to watch UC on ESPN? Actually, I think the turnaround the last couple of seasons has been far from sad for UK--it has actually been a lot of fun.

DJ Woods and Isiah Pead would be the two late commitments with serious talent that UC got in on late because of exposure.

I really hope you enjoyed the last two. It might be another 30+ once again...

You guys should be the one demanding better. Instead it's the lemming walk because it ticks off the UL crowd...

If you honestly think that Barnhart is more interested in ticking off the UofL crowd than looking out for the best interest of the programs he oversees, which is his livelihood, then I have grossly overestimated you.

I highly doubt UL went to ESPN asking for the Monday slot. UK has imporved the program with the two seasons you mention, and ESPN offered an even better national time slot. Now UK is playing games with UL. I hope UK never plays another national exposure game again. It would be more than fine with me to flip past them on the occasional Jefferson Pilot or the 2 am tape delay.

We both know that with their conference affiliation that that won't happen. Believe it or not I would actually prefer to play on Monday night. UL will be favored but I think UK is more than capable of beating them this season. If this decision is coming from Brooks--then I have a harder time finding fault with it. He was widely derided for moving the game last season but he did what he felt was best for his program and the UK win on ESPNU helped the program more than a loss would have on ESPN. Like him or not Brooks has done wonders for the program. However, if this is just Barnhart trying to get under UL's skin then he should let it go. I think Brooks needs to address this and either man up and say he wants the extra day or tell Barnhart to back down. If it is in fact Brooks' call I think he's earned the right to get the benefit of the doubt.

If you honestly think that Barnhart is more interested in ticking off the UofL crowd than looking out for the best interest of the programs he oversees, which is his livelihood, then I have grossly overestimated you.

It's simple economics in the big time world of college sports. UK doesn't want to play along, so they will stay at the bottom of a massive barrel. Good for you. Go Cats. Beat Norfolk State...