Ok UK fans defend this one...

RowdyRedRam

I strongly disagree with this statement.

Care to explain?

Kentucky's basketball team has had plenty of exposure this year. I don't think they've won a single game because they played on ESPN though.

Exposure helps in recruiting - but UK's problem with recruiting isn't about exposure. It's that there are other, better options within their own conference.

If Kentucky can begin to beat Florida, LSU & Tenn. then you'll see recruiting excel. Not if they play each game on national television.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was responding to someone else with that post.

You know for all the talk about how cocky Louisville fans were before last year it certainly seems like a whole lot of UK fans here are getting a little full of themselves after last years game.

Sorry, I guess I misread you but since you quoted me I thought you meant it towards me. I guess I just misjudged you.

Care to explain?

Kentucky's basketball team has had plenty of exposure this year. I don't think they've won a single game because they played on ESPN though.

Exposure helps in recruiting - but UK's problem with recruiting isn't about exposure. It's that there are other, better options within their own conference.

If Kentucky can begin to beat Florida, LSU & Tenn. then you'll see recruiting excel. Not if they play each game on national television.

Why do teams like Norfolk St. or Appalachian St. play quality division one teams?

#1A. Money

#1B. Exposure

Eventually those teams will grow and move up and become a power in their division. If they don't get the t.v. exposure and get their tails kicked time and time again they never have the chance to pull the HUGE upset they pulled last year.

Guaranteed that exposure helped their recruiting.

No, no. Most of the UK fans count the Cat's as an also-ran. Go back and actually READ the posts. The FACT is last season UL wanted to play on Sunday, (I beg you to aswer this although I know you won't) CORRECT? This season UK says they will play on Sunday and yet that isn't good enough?

You really think you know me don't you. Yes, Louisville wanted to play on Labor Day weekend last year and I am willing to be that had the Monday night slot been offered to them they would have wanted that. Louisville thinks it will be better for their program if they get the exposure of being the only game on Labor Day. You're hanging your arguments on Barnhart doing what's best for Kentucky, why shouldn't Louisville do the same for themselves? How is that such a hard concept to grasp?

So your really confusing me here? You say to go back and look at the 2004 recruiting class, why? I mean why is that the only and specific year you talk about. Also you say go back and see which class was higher, I actually believe UK did have the better recruiting class that year, even though you say they didn't?:confused:

Also you must be really missing the whole point here aren't you, and just like personal attacks I guess right? So I will try this one more time. Someone said before we will NEVER be able to out recruit the top football schools in the SEC. I simply thing that is a bunch of crap, because it is not impossible. I used the basketball reference because in basketball people use to never think anybody would be able to out recruit UK because we are one of the best programs in history. Yet I believe teams have definitely out recruited us in the SEC in the last 5 years or so. I think Alabama has atleast one year, and I pretty sure a couple of others. Also Florida had a better recruiting class than us this year, but I bet people would have never though that would have happened. Which goes with my point, it is not impossible to out recruit these top schools just because they are storied football programs. I mean teams have found away to now out recruit our storied basketball program, and that was my whole point about the whole thing. So yeah it was not bogus and definitely not delusional like you said.

Also as for another personal attack by you. I will answer your question. I have only helped out with youth football programs, since I have been in college getting and education. I mean I simply answered your question that you asked me in your previous post. You asked me if I would like to coach UK, and I said I would. Which I bet most of the posters on here would also say the same thing and that they would like to coach UK to if given the chance. :sssh:;)

First off I make more than enough money without the headaches associated with the UK job. However, I think I misjudged you. My point was it only takes 2 or 3 recruits to upset the balance in basketball. It does take more than that in football. Actually, UK's 2004 class was much highly rated than UF's. However, UF won 2 National Titles and UK couldn't even get to a Final Four. The Devil is in the Details. If an underrated UF team can win back-to back National Titles then an underrated UK team can continue to compete in the SEC in football. You can turn around a basketball team much sooner than a football team. You have to have coached enough to see that. The difference is in competing and winning.

You really think you know me don't you. Yes, Louisville wanted to play on Labor Day weekend last year and I am willing to be that had the Monday night slot been offered to them they would have wanted that. Louisville thinks it will be better for their program if they get the exposure of being the only game on Labor Day. You're hanging your arguments on Barnhart doing what's best for Kentucky, why shouldn't Louisville do the same for themselves? How is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Nope, go back. Read all my posts and I'll wait......////......////////I think I said if it is Barnhat's call then it is wrong. However, if it is Brook's call then he's earned it. Would you care to read those back to me cause I'm sure I recalled them correctly. Go on, we know. It's okay.

Nope, go back. Read all my posts and I'll wait......////......////////I think I said if it is Barnhat's call then it is wrong. However, if it is Brook's call then he's earned it. Would you care to read those back to me cause I'm sure I recalled them correctly. Go on, we know. It's okay.

If there's a reason that I tend to have little patience for UK fans it's because so many of them tend to be condescending.

First off I make more than enough money without the headaches associated with the UK job. However, I think I misjudged you. My point was it only takes 2 or 3 recruits to upset the balance in basketball. It does take more than that in football. Actually, UK's 2004 class was much highly rated than UF's. However, UF won 2 National Titles and UK couldn't even get to a Final Four. The Devil is in the Details. If an underrated UF team can win back-to back National Titles then an underrated UK team can continue to compete in the SEC in football. You can turn around a basketball team much sooner than a football team. You have to have coached enough to see that.

Yeah I know, and I had never commented anything about that in basketball. I know in basketball just 2 or 3 top recruits could really improve a team in just one year. So I know you can turn a basketball team around much sooner than basketball. I mean if you weren't so interested in arguing and personal attacks you would have seen what I was talking about from the very beginning, because I tried to explain it to you a few times what I was talking about. I was just showing how it is not impossible to eventually start out recruiting the top football schools even though we are a known as a basketball school. My basketball thing was right on. I mean pretty much every school in the SEC is football schools except us, and so for so long people thought it would be impossible for any of those teams to out recruit us. However these football schools now have started to be able to. I mean just look at Florida and what Billy Donovan has done there. It has taken sometime, but he has built that into a great basketball program, and even if we were a top basketball team right now. They still would be right with us now in recruiting every year. So a football school has been able to consistently now be able to recruit and out recruit a basketball school in us. So I used that as an example that is DEFINITELY not impossible for us to out recruit the big football powers in the SEC like that person had said. I have been trying to explain that point to you for awhile now.

Yeah I know, and I had never commented anything about that in basketball. I know in basketball just 2 or 3 top recruits could really improve a team in just one year. So I know you can turn a basketball team around much sooner than basketball. I mean if you weren't so interested in arguing and personal attacks you would have seen what I was talking about from the very beginning, because I tried to explain it to you a few times what I was talking about. I was just showing how it is not impossible to eventually start out recruiting the top football schools even though we are a known as a basketball school. My basketball thing was right on. I mean pretty much every school in the SEC is football schools except us, and so for so long people thought it would be impossible for any of those teams to out recruit us. However these football schools now have started to be able to. I mean just look at Florida and what Billy Donovan has done there. It has taken sometime, but he has built that into a great basketball program, and even if we were a top basketball team right now. They still would be right with us now in recruiting every year. So a football school has been able to consistently now be able to recruit and out recruit a basketball school in us. So I used that as an example that is DEFINITELY not impossible for us to out recruit the big football powers in the SEC like that person had said. I have been trying to explain that point to you for awhile now.

Man, actually I really like you. The thing is it is way easier to develop and win a National Title in Basketball. I'm going to put the burden of proof on you. Please list the last 25 NCAA basketball champs. And please also firmosh the lasy 25 football champs. Either do it or be gone. I think you'll be suprised at the results. Which one is easier?