Super Bowl XLII: Giants 17 Patriots 14

And Mike and Mike and many other sports shows are touting this as one of the if not the best super bowl ever, but you don't agree with that do you?
Yes I do, I just said the first 3 quarters were boring to me, but the 4th was incredible and more than made up for it. You just somehow misunderstood what I was saying. That 4th quarter, as I said before if you look back, was better than most Superbowls. It made it one of the BEST Superbowls I have ever seen, and I've seen them all. I'd say somewhere from 1 to five in my book.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Mike and Mike and many other sports shows are touting this as one of the if not the best super bowl ever, but you don't agree with that do you?

I've read and heard just as many that said that the first 3 quarters were the most boring in Super Bowl History as well. The finish was truly great but it is easy to slap tags like that around right after the game. No way this was as good as the 2nd 49er's-Bengals Superbowl, the Rams-Titans Superbowl or the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl among others. Great finish yes, great game--not really but the 4th quarter was special.

I've read and heard just as many that said that the first 3 quarters were the most boring in Super Bowl History as well. The finish was truly great but it is easy to slap tags like that around right after the game. No way this was as good as the 2nd 49er's-Bengals Superbowl, the Rams-Titans Superbowl or the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl among others. Great finish yes, great game--not really but the 4th quarter was special.

Dr.Z loved the game.

LINK

Personally, I thought the fact that with how the defenses were playing, any drive could be the eventual game-winning one, and that made the whole game an edge-of-the-seat thriller. It helps, of course, that I love good defense as well.

Defense wins championships. :thumb:

Personally, I thought the fact that with how the defenses were playing, any drive could be the eventual game-winning one, and that made the whole game an edge-of-the-seat thriller. It helps, of course, that I love good defense as well.

:thumb:

That's what I was thinking. I knew there was going to be one or two big plays. I just didn't know who was going to make them or for which team. The last 5 minutes were AWESOME!!!

Everyone where I was at, was into this game from the opening kick. There were 30 of us and we all felt this game was great from start to finish. While I the Pats offense seemed somewhat emotionless. All other elements of the game were played with guts and fire. Both defenses laid it all out. Both special teams went all out. I thought the Giants offense also played with a lot of heart for the entire game. There was so much screaming and yelling, it was great to watch.

The Giants became the first team to win a Super Bowl title in 3 consecutive decades...I was wondering if any other team has even won a Super Bowl in 3 different decades.

Ironically enough, they and the Patriots are the only teams to make it to a Super Bowl in the 80's, 90's and 2000's...

Patriots (1986, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008)

Giants (1987, 1991, 2000, 2008)

I think I got the years right...they're close anyway.