Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLII: Giants 17 Patriots 14

Featured Replies

And Mike and Mike and many other sports shows are touting this as one of the if not the best super bowl ever, but you don't agree with that do you?
Yes I do, I just said the first 3 quarters were boring to me, but the 4th was incredible and more than made up for it. You just somehow misunderstood what I was saying. That 4th quarter, as I said before if you look back, was better than most Superbowls. It made it one of the BEST Superbowls I have ever seen, and I've seen them all. I'd say somewhere from 1 to five in my book.
  • Replies 275
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to the Giants and their fans, great game.:dancingpa

And Mike and Mike and many other sports shows are touting this as one of the if not the best super bowl ever, but you don't agree with that do you?

 

I've read and heard just as many that said that the first 3 quarters were the most boring in Super Bowl History as well. The finish was truly great but it is easy to slap tags like that around right after the game. No way this was as good as the 2nd 49er's-Bengals Superbowl, the Rams-Titans Superbowl or the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl among others. Great finish yes, great game--not really but the 4th quarter was special.

It is up to personal preference....however I was into this Super Bowl from beginning to end....I thought the entire game was fantastic.

Personally, I thought the fact that with how the defenses were playing, any drive could be the eventual game-winning one, and that made the whole game an edge-of-the-seat thriller. It helps, of course, that I love good defense as well.

I've read and heard just as many that said that the first 3 quarters were the most boring in Super Bowl History as well. The finish was truly great but it is easy to slap tags like that around right after the game. No way this was as good as the 2nd 49er's-Bengals Superbowl, the Rams-Titans Superbowl or the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl among others. Great finish yes, great game--not really but the 4th quarter was special.

 

Dr.Z loved the game.

 

LINK

Personally, I thought the fact that with how the defenses were playing, any drive could be the eventual game-winning one, and that made the whole game an edge-of-the-seat thriller. It helps, of course, that I love good defense as well.

 

Defense wins championships. :thumb:

I think what we've learned is that you shouldn't ever bet on a Big 10 quarterback over an SEC one. ;)

Personally, I thought the fact that with how the defenses were playing, any drive could be the eventual game-winning one, and that made the whole game an edge-of-the-seat thriller. It helps, of course, that I love good defense as well.

 

:thumb:

I've read and heard just as many that said that the first 3 quarters were the most boring in Super Bowl History as well.

 

Haven't seen one.

Personally, I thought the fact that with how the defenses were playing, any drive could be the eventual game-winning one, and that made the whole game an edge-of-the-seat thriller. It helps, of course, that I love good defense as well.

 

That's what I was thinking. I knew there was going to be one or two big plays. I just didn't know who was going to make them or for which team. The last 5 minutes were AWESOME!!!

I think what we've learned is that you shouldn't ever bet on a Big 10 quarterback over an SEC one. ;)

 

Then you'd have lost a lot of money early on betting on Peyton against Brady...:D

Everyone where I was at, was into this game from the opening kick. There were 30 of us and we all felt this game was great from start to finish. While I the Pats offense seemed somewhat emotionless. All other elements of the game were played with guts and fire. Both defenses laid it all out. Both special teams went all out. I thought the Giants offense also played with a lot of heart for the entire game. There was so much screaming and yelling, it was great to watch.

The Giants became the first team to win a Super Bowl title in 3 consecutive decades...I was wondering if any other team has even won a Super Bowl in 3 different decades.

 

Ironically enough, they and the Patriots are the only teams to make it to a Super Bowl in the 80's, 90's and 2000's...

 

Patriots (1986, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008)

Giants (1987, 1991, 2000, 2008)

 

I think I got the years right...they're close anyway.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.