Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLII: Giants 17 Patriots 14

Featured Replies

That play we will see as many times as we have seen a certain Laettner play.:irked:

 

I like both plays, and can now watch them over and over.

  • Replies 275
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Great Game

 

2. Good, but not the best

 

3. Earned

 

There must be some history/issues speaking here, because everyone I spoke with agreed it was one of the best, if not the best Super Bowls ever.

 

As for #3 - IMO Belicheck is an arrogant, classless, clown.

 

I can't believe that people don't agree that was boring, and I am quite suprised the people say it is the best ever. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

 

I really didn't have a dog in this fight, I didn't care who won. I'm going to assume that the reason a lot people thought this game was exciting is because of the undeserved hatred for Brady and the Pats, and watching them get dominated was probably fun for them. Since I don't really hate them, I guess the game just came off as uneventful.

 

I still don't get how Belicec is:

 

1. Arrogant- I guess it is since he won't talk to the media, but I don't see him as arrogant- I see that in Mercury Morris or T.O. but not him.

2. Classless- he shook Coughlin's hand, what was he supposed to do, stand on the sideline like a lame duck?

3. a Clown- the guy is a proven Super Bowl winner and a great coach.

 

I can't comprehend the hatred for the Pats, I don't see what makes them different then the Spurs in the NBA, but no one hates them.

People that have stated this was a boring game really make me question what they were watching. From beginning to end this game had me (besides halftime :sleep: ) Great defensive battle with the Giants really setting the tone with their amped up D. The ending just capped off a great game in which you could see the fatigue set in on the players. I give it :thumb: :thumb:

I'm about $250 richer thanks to an office pool I was in. Thank you Giants and Eli Manning.

People that have stated this was a boring game really make me question what they were watching. From beginning to end this game had me (besides halftime :sleep: ) Great defensive battle with the Giants really setting the tone with their amped up D. The ending just capped off a great game in which you could see the fatigue set in on the players. I give it :thumb: :thumb:

 

:thumb:

People that have stated this was a boring game really make me question what they were watching. From beginning to end this game had me (besides halftime :sleep: ) Great defensive battle with the Giants really setting the tone with their amped up D. The ending just capped off a great game in which you could see the fatigue set in on the players. I give it :thumb: :thumb:
Everyone I've talked to agrees with me, the first 3 quarters were boring, the last one was great. 7-3 just isn't exciting through 3 quarters in a Superbowl. I will say it was fun to see Brady getting put on his rear though. :lol:
People that have stated this was a boring game really make me question what they were watching. From beginning to end this game had me (besides halftime :sleep: ) Great defensive battle with the Giants really setting the tone with their amped up D. The ending just capped off a great game in which you could see the fatigue set in on the players. I give it :thumb: :thumb:

 

maybe it's me but I loved a good ol defensive struggle in a game.

Two thumbs up.

Everyone I've talked to agrees with me, the first 3 quarters were boring, the last one was great. 7-3 just isn't exciting through 3 quarters in a Superbowl. I will say it was fun to see Brady getting put on his rear though. :lol:

 

I know a bunch of people (non-giant fans, non patriot fans) who thought it was the best super bowl ever. Including Mike and Mike in the Morning, they thought it was one of the best.

Everyone I've talked to agrees with me, the first 3 quarters were boring, the last one was great. 7-3 just isn't exciting through 3 quarters in a Superbowl. I will say it was fun to see Brady getting put on his rear though. :lol:

 

I would say that is fair. The first three quarters, to the casual fan, was a snoozer. The final quarter provided a lot of drama and excitement...

I would say that is fair. The first three quarters, to the casual fan, was a snoozer. The final quarter provided a lot of drama and excitement...

 

I wouldn't say any of it was boring, since it was the most watched super bowl in the history of football.

 

The 2nd most watched TV program since the series finale of Mash.

Being a completely bias observer of the game this was by far the greatest super bowl I have ever seen, and unless God decides to start fielding teams of his choosing and engineering that compete yearly for Superbowl Titles and the Giants get the chance to knock them off then this might be the greatest Superbowl I'll ever get to see.

 

As for boring Superbowl, this game might not have had all the offense of some other classics but considering the consistent stepping up of each team's defense when ever a big stop was needed to kill a drive it wasn't bad. I mean as a Giant's fan I lived and died with every Patriots offensive drive. I kept fearing they would wake up and put that one drive together that would key the offense and amazingly the Giants kept finding a way to halt each drive short of scoring points. 7-3 until the 4th isn't necessarily what everyone wants to see but when I consider the way the game ended up with that score I'd have to say it was a pretty interesting game to keep watching these two teams punch and counter punch each other.

 

As for the 4th quarter, WOW!! Exceeded anything I might ever see in football again. Last night was a blast!!! Once again, GO GMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Guy Simmons on SB

 

I've only made it about halfway through, but it's pretty hilarious. :lol:

 

I liked the article. Simmons has always been an enjoyable columnist for me to read and even here I found myself liking what he said.

With the exception of the spot on 3rd down for the Giants, I thought the officiating was very good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.