Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLII: Giants 17 Patriots 14

Featured Replies

Overall though, I cannot agree that this was anywhere close to the greatest Super Bowl ever. The game was downright boring to me until the end. It was quite similar to the Patriots/Panthers Super Bowl...not much action and then a good final quarter. The difference is that the Pats/Panthers game had a more exciting final quarter.

 

This was the most entertaining Super Bowl ever that I have witnessed from start to finish. So much was at stake and big play after big play was made on both sides of the ball. I could never imagine a 17-14 game being this exciting, but to me it was flat out awesome.

  • Replies 275
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was the most entertaining Super Bowl ever that I have witnessed from start to finish. So much was at stake and big play after big play was made on both sides of the ball. I could never imagine a 17-14 game being this exciting, but to me it was flat out awesome.

 

It just wasn't that exciting to me, until the end.

It just wasn't that exciting to me, until the end.

 

I feel you... I've heard people say it was very boring to people saying it was the greatest game ever.

I feel you... I've heard people say it was very boring to people saying it was the greatest game ever.

 

Yeah, I won't argue your point. Everybody's different, so if it was a great game to you, then it was a great game...I just didn't get into that much. And, to be honest, I was looking forward to it more than many in recent memory. Maybe I was expecting too much.

I know a bunch of people (non-giant fans, non patriot fans) who thought it was the best super bowl ever. Including Mike and Mike in the Morning, they thought it was one of the best.

 

I wouldn't say any of it was boring, since it was the most watched super bowl in the history of football.

 

The 2nd most watched TV program since the series finale of Mash.

 

Just because it was that highly rated doesn't mean it was the greatest Super Bowl ever. Most of those people tuned in to see whether history would be made and since the game stayed in doubt they stuck around. It isn't like they had a whole lot of other viewing options. The first 3 quarters were actually pretty boring. Now the 4th quarter would have to go down as one of the most exciting in history. Both teams made clutch play after clutch play and the Manning to Tyree pass is one of the best Super Bowl plays ever as well. Congrats halfback20, your team played a great game and had a great run. Manning really came up big week after week in the playoffs--I thought the first couple were flukes but by the end he really made a believer out of me. I really wanted to see a team go 19-0 but when it was over I was happy for the Giants. Enjoy, I had to wait my whole life for the Red Sox to bring one home and once they did there's no feeling like it. :thumb:

The last 5 minutes was the best in SB history...IMHO

It was the most watched SB because of what was at stake.

 

Did you poll every one of the 96 million viewers to make sure?

Just because it was that highly rated doesn't mean it was the greatest Super Bowl ever. Most of those people tuned in to see whether history would be made and since the game stayed in doubt they stuck around. It isn't like they had a whole lot of other viewing options. The first 3 quarters were actually pretty boring. Now the 4th quarter would have to go down as one of the most exciting in history. Both teams made clutch play after clutch play and the Manning to Tyree pass is one of the best Super Bowl plays ever as well. Congrats halfback20, your team played a great game and had a great run. Manning really came up big week after week in the playoffs--I thought the first couple were flukes but by the end he really made a believer out of me. I really wanted to see a team go 19-0 but when it was over I was happy for the Giants. Enjoy, I had to wait my whole life for the Red Sox to bring one home and once they did there's no feeling like it. :thumb:

 

I didn't use the viewer statistics as evidence that it was the best ever.

 

In MY OPINION it was one of the best ever. I've only watched super bowls for a short period of time (I'm 21) and the best ones I've seen are the Rams/Titans, Rams/Patriots, Patriots/Panthers, Giants/Patriots. Those were all amazing.

 

You are right about one thing, there is no feeling like this. It is unbelievable.

This was the most entertaining Super Bowl ever that I have witnessed from start to finish. So much was at stake and big play after big play was made on both sides of the ball. I could never imagine a 17-14 game being this exciting, but to me it was flat out awesome.

 

:thumb:

This may be the best officiated Super Bowl I've ever watched. The refs let the players decide the game and that's how a Super Bowl should be.

 

1. Burress did not fumble...yes, he landed with two feet, but NFL rules state a guy has to land and then make a "football move" (or something like that) and, IMO, Burress did not.

 

2. As much I wanted to say they did, the Patriots did not recover that Bradshaw fumble. The Pats player clearly FELL on the ball, but it was also clearly laying under his stomach and he did not have control of it. He was merely laying on it and Bradshaw managed to get in there and get control of it. It was a great play by him and a lucky break for the Giants. Just one of those things...

 

I can't think of any other plays...the only clearly bad officiating, IMO, was on the long pass that Toomer caught. He obviously extended his arm and shoved the Patriots DB in the facemask to create space to make the catch...should have been offensive pass interference. As it turned out, the Patriots intercepted a pass later in that drive, so it didn't amount to anything.

 

They should let this crew officiate every Super Bowl. I think back to the Seattle vs. Pittsburgh game when the refs made 3 crucial calls that were ticky tack at best, and wrong at worst, that really helped the Steelers. That wasn't the case this time...the Giants just outplayed New England and won the game.

 

 

:thumb: I thought this officiating crew did well in the Giants last game vs the Pats also.

 

They did miss a PI on Toomer, but like you said it was intercepted later on. Cowherd also pointed that out as a "break" the Giants caught. He's a moron.

:thumb: I thought this officiating crew did well in the Giants last game vs the Pats also.

 

They did miss a PI on Toomer, but like you said it was intercepted later on. Cowherd also pointed that out as a "break" the Giants caught. He's a moron.

 

Cowherd just likes to get people stirred up. I like him, but I don't always think he's right.

I was very pleased with the officiating last night. I think they COULD have called Eli "in the grasp" on the big play to Tyree, but thats just a toss up. I didnt really notice the officials last night, which is good.

 

I believe "in the grasp" is gone now.

Did you poll every one of the 96 million viewers to make sure?
:rolleyes: There is no way you can argue that, HB. Even the vast majority of sports shows on TV and radio are saying that.
:rolleyes: There is no way you can argue that, HB. Even the vast majority of sports shows on TV and radio are saying that.

 

And Mike and Mike and many other sports shows are touting this as one of the if not the best super bowl ever, but you don't agree with that do you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.