Clemens: Injections were lidocaine, B-12

If you'd said it two weeks ago Roger....

I'm really wanting to believe him, but geez it's hard. Like DF said, if he had let us know this a couple of weeks ago it would have a lot more weight.

After thinking about this, it makes even less sense. Clemens was contacted by Senator Mitchell well in advance of the publishing of the Mitchell Report and knew he was going to be named.

I don't know what that means but it's not right. You would think guys like this would've had a plan knowing 1) they were on the report and 2) the day it was being published...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After thinking about this, it makes even less sense. Clemens was contacted by Senator Mitchell well in advance of the publishing of the Mitchell Report and knew he was going to be named.

I don't know what that means but it's not right. You would think guys like this would've had a plan knowing 1) they were on the report and 2) the day it was being published...

....makes even the die-hards, like us question these MLB players.

It will only get worse, before coming close to getting better.

All I know is Clemens is ruined. He waited too long to act on this whole thing and now it's comign around far worse than it probably would have if he would have said something right after his name came out. Like McNamee's agent said, the trainer knows the difference between lidocaine and B-12, from testosterone.

This is going to drag out far too long and we will not know truthfully whether or not Clemens used steroids until he breaks down and admits it. The truth will haunt him.

Interesting to see if Clemens is re-mentioned in Canseco's book that is due out on opening day?

Canseco has already said he never seen or heard anyone say Roger used or shot up! It will not be in his book. Roger should have never let anyone stick a needle into his arm, hip, thigh, or little finger for that matter. He did know what was in the syringe, or he should have known. Canseco was suppose to have been the biggest liar in the 21 century and that was proven wrong. He was the only trueful one in the bunch in front of congress. Now McNamee is the next big one and it has already been proven that some of the players he named have adimitted to it. This raises the question why would he tell the truth about 1, 5, or 10 and lie about just one. If he wasn't for sure about Clemens I don't think he names him at all. Why lie now!!!

Roger's problem is that he didn't make this claim when the charge was first leveled. It leaves a lot of doubt.

Credibility issue: I heard Cowherd say today that Sammy the Bull was the star witness against Gotti and Sammy the Bull was a notorious hit man.

Roger's problem is that he didn't make this claim when the charge was first leveled. It leaves a lot of doubt.

Credibility issue: I heard Cowherd say today that Sammy the Bull was the star witness against Gotti and Sammy the Bull was a notorious hit man.

That's different. Sammy killed people who are in fact dead. If Clemens failed a drug test and denied it, then it's the closer...

Watched the interview, don't know what to think.

I watched as well. The first half of the interview seemed rehearsed. The last half was more "real". He kept repeating the same phrase when asked if he was injecred with steriods and HGH. Maybe the truth will come out when he talks to the congress.

The suit, first reported by the Houston Chronicle, states that when McNamee told others that when he first was interviewed by federal law enforcement last June, he denied Clemens had used steroids or human growth hormone. The suit quotes McNamee as saying he was pressured by Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky - key members of the BALCO prosecution - to implicate Clemens. The suit did not attribute where the quote from McNamee was obtained.

This is what I was saying. McNamee's screwed, regardless of who he gives up. Feds push and push for more and bigger names. McNamee may have given them some big names to take the heat off of him. If they can prove this part of it, McNamee's screwed and a lot more people will start denying.

I hope this is true being a Clemens fan, but I'm still a bit skeptical...

Also, this reminds me of the committee hearings in the Godfather...

Pentangeli: Look the FBI guys promised me a deal. So I made up a lot of stuff about MICHAEL Corleone 'cause that's what they wanted -- but it was all lies -- uh -- everything. And I kept saying -- MICHAEL Corleone did this and MICHAEL Corleone did that -- .uh -- so I said yea sure, why not.

I watched as well. The first half of the interview seemed rehearsed. The last half was more "real". He kept repeating the same phrase when asked if he was injecred with steriods and HGH. Maybe the truth will come out when he talks to the congress.

Of course it was. They called and hand-picked Wallace for the interview or they wouldn't do it.

Just got this thought from listening to some talk on the radio...

Clemens HAS to testify before Congress now, with the bold stance he is taking. But now, his lawyers file suit against McNamee. So, when he is before Congress, how many of the questions can he get out of by saying he can't answer because of pending lawsuits?

If this happens, give him credit it's much better than forgetting how to speak English, saying that you're not there to talk about the past, or waving your finger in our faces an promising that you "did not use steriods, period" only to test positive shortly thereafter.