Belfry's stadium

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is AWESOME, Lloyd Memorial is in process of building a new high school right next to the original campus and it is in 3 phases. The Football complex will not take place from what I hear for 10 year's down the road. That is ashame they need sports turf now. JD

Belfry was due a new school, their old one was in dire need of renovations and upgrades. With this location, they were able to get many things they had never had before. There is a 600 seat theater for the arts department that is very very nice. The gym has ample offices and locker room space for everyone. They have a track, soccer field, softball field, regulation baseball field on campus and parking. It is a huge upgrade.

The football turf was paid for privately by raising funds from businesses and private donations. It took a couple of years to complete it, but it was finally paid for.

And the best part is the students and community are extremely proud of the whole campus and they take very good care of it. You never see it dirty or disrespected in any way as far as I can tell. They do a tremendous job of fostering that pride and spirit with the students.

The effort and work that some people put into getting the new Belfry High School and its facilities is simple amazing. The fight that Mr. Frank Welch, Mr. Paul Dotson, and Mr. Bobby Varney had to put up with at the State BOE level was a hard long one that started 9 years before the school opened.

The fund raising efforts that Mr. Rod Varney and staff, as well as people like Mr. Ancie Casey, Mr. Jim Vaugn Smith, Dr. Chuck Johnson, many people that post on this board, and those not mentioned that I wouldn't have the space to post all the names, was simple amazing.

There is a tremendous amount of "Pirate Pride" surrounding that school and I'm very proud to say I'm from Belfry.:thumb:

Belfry was due a new school, their old one was in dire need of renovations and upgrades. With this location, they were able to get many things they had never had before. There is a 600 seat theater for the arts department that is very very nice. The gym has ample offices and locker room space for everyone. They have a track, soccer field, softball field, regulation baseball field on campus and parking. It is a huge upgrade.

The football turf was paid for privately by raising funds from businesses and private donations. It took a couple of years to complete it, but it was finally paid for.

And the best part is the students and community are extremely proud of the whole campus and they take very good care of it. You never see it dirty or disrespected in any way as far as I can tell. They do a tremendous job of fostering that pride and spirit with the students.

VEry Impressive. You all have every right to be proud. Can you tell me about the origin of your nickname ?

Something an old football coach of mine used to say.

If somebody was not giving good effort blocking, or if somebody did something that was awkward or ungraceful, he would sometimes make comments about you "doing the Watusi out there". It always made me laugh, but under my breath. :D

Something an old football coach of mine used to say.

If somebody was not giving good effort blocking, or if somebody did something that was awkward or ungraceful, he would sometimes make comments about you "doing the Watusi out there". It always made me laugh, but under my breath. :D

I am sorry - I did not mean your BGP name - but your Schools Nickname??

That is what I meant to ask . Sorry for not being clear. thanks