Louisville the 18 best program this decade...

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't think Louisville has a legitimate shot at a national title? Did you watch college football last season?

Even if they beat Rutgers they weren't going to jump ahead of Ohio State or Florida, so no they didn't have a shot at the title. Could they have beaten either team? Perhaps, but as I stated earlier, the NCAA football championship (Bowl Division) isn't won entirely on the field. Unlike it any other sport it isn't enough how you finish but also how you start, which unfortunately is out of a teams hands.

As far as not watching college football last season, or any season for that matter, it's a wonder my wife hasn't had me served because of it.

:sleep: The funny thing is NO ONE has EVER argued that UK is any good...So what your point:confused:
I never said anything about UK I am saying that Louisville is good, and a ranking behind BSU is not bad when you consider the 90+ teams Louisville and Boise State are ranked ahead of, I intentionally did not include UK because I was not trying to change the topic.

I never said anything about UK I am saying that Louisville is good, and a ranking behind BSU is not bad when you consider the 90+ teams Louisville and Boise State are ranked ahead of, I intentionally did not include UK because I was not trying to change the topic.

Yes, but all this started when a UL fan called Boise State a "joke" after it was said that UL ranked behind Boise State. You actually hit the nail on the head, Louisville is indeed good. Last year they were exceptional--that does not make them an elite program. Are they on their way? Possibly--probably if Petrino sticks around, but only time will tell. Right now they are a program on the rise that is only 4 seasons removed from letting Miami Ohio put up 49 on them in the GMAC Bowl. That doesn't happen to elite programs.

Yes, but all this started when a UL fan called Boise State a "joke" after it was said that UL ranked behind Boise State. You actually hit the nail on the head, Louisville is indeed good. Last year they were exceptional--that does not make them an elite program. Are they on their way? Possibly--probably if Petrino sticks around, but only time will tell. Right now they are a program on the rise that is only 4 seasons removed from letting Miami Ohio put up 49 on them in the GMAC Bowl. That doesn't happen to elite programs.

:thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: Excellent post AJG, very well said. No one on here has said that U.L. was not very good, they are. Elite programs build tradition over years and years to earn the "elite" status. They have not.