Louisville the 18 best program this decade...

RowdyRedRam

It doesn't have to do with overlooking anyone. What I'm saying is that your criteria could potentially eliminate the best team in college football from being a national power.

My definition of a national power in anything is a team that maintains success over a prolonged period of time. UofL has had a 3 year run that could rival almost anyone in the country, but IMO it will take a little bit longer with that sustained success before they join the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, and USC....UofL just doesn't make that level yet. I think they're in the next tier, just not quite there yet.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand why everyone (U of L fans) is upset because U of L is not considered a POWER PROGRAM for the last ten years....they haven't been....I mean I vividly remember them winning just one game...You can't say that about any team in the top ten of this list...with that...IFF they were to hold up the BCS trophy this season...they are in the list bar none...and if they maintain a semblance of this success for the nest 5-7 years...they are included in all conversations...As a Trinity fan, I am inclined to say that the ride to the top is much more fun and exciting than trying to maintain.

I really don't understand why everyone (U of L fans) is upset because U of L is not considered a POWER PROGRAM for the last ten years....they haven't been....I mean I vividly remember them winning just one game...You can't say that about any team in the top ten of this list...with that...IFF they were to hold up the BCS trophy this season...they are in the list bar none...and if they maintain a semblance of this success for the nest 5-7 years...they are included in all conversations...As a Trinity fan, I am inclined to say that the ride to the top is much more fun and exciting than trying to maintain.

But it's only those darn UK fans who think so... wait...

Nice post RP :thumb:

That is all I was trying to say and I believe that is what others were saying as well.

:thumb: :thumb:

I am a Card fan and I am not upset because some people don't accept the Cards as a Power Program.

The facts are, the Cards have been to a bowl game every year since 1998. They have been ranked in the top 25 at some point in 5 of the last 6 years 2000, 01, 03, 04, 05, 06 missing only '02 when they beat #4 ranked FSU. They have been strong BCS contenders ever since their last season in C-USA.

I don't even know what a "power program" is but if it is based on current events as opposed to ancient history and if there are more than 5 of them the Cards are in the mix.

:thumb: Well said.

I am a Card fan and I am not upset because some people don't accept the Cards as a Power Program.

The facts are, the Cards have been to a bowl game every year since 1998. They have been ranked in the top 25 at some point in 5 of the last 6 years 2000, 01, 03, 04, 05, 06 missing only '02 when they beat #4 ranked FSU. They have been strong BCS contenders ever since their last season in C-USA.

I don't even know what a "power program" is but if it is based on current events as opposed to ancient history and if there are more than 5 of them the Cards are in the mix.

Don't feel bad, there are a few of your fellow Card fans that seem to have trouble with that one as well. :lol: :lol: :lol: (j/k/, couldn't resist:p )

This is what I was saying a long time ago on this thread. It took a UL fan to say it so that the other UL fans didn't take it as a slap at the Cards. Good post RP.