Louisville the 18 best program this decade...

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says it is better than being ranked behind: West Virginia, Kansas State, Penn State, Boston College, Notre Dame, TCU, Iowa, Georgia Tech, UCLA, Utah, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Clemson, Texas Tech, Purdue,Alabama, Cal, Maryland, Oregon State, Fresno State, Southern Miss, North Carolina State, Arizona State, Marshall, Virginia, BYU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Colorado State, Colorado, Miami (oh), Toledo, Minnesota, Pitt, Washington, Michigan State, Airforce, Oklahoma, South Florida, Hawaii, Navy, Wake Forest, Missouri, Syracuse, Bowling Green, NIU, Iowa State, North Carolina, Northwestern, Cinncinnati, Rutgers,Arizona, New Mexico... And the rest of teams that field D1A football.

:sleep: The funny thing is NO ONE has EVER argued that UK is any good...So what your point:confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: They are and UL isn't...:lol:

There both basically in the same boat...

When Boise State can be considered a legitimate threat for the National Title more than one year, I'll say they are legit...

And as for the bowl records, if UL's was better than BSU's, but the teams they beat weren't up to everybody's standards, you all would dismiss that quicker than anything....

BSU is riding high on ONE bowl win over a team they probably shouldn't have beat. Why should I be impressed?

1999 Humanitarian Bowl Boise St. 34 UL 31 Remember this is for the whole last 10 years--not the last 2 seasons. But since you've already chosen to ignore this one once I'll post some more for you.

2000 Humanitarian Bowl--Boise State 38 UTEP 23

2002 Humanitarian Bowl--Boise State 34 Iowa State 16

2003 Fort Worth Bowl--Boise State 34 TCU 31

2004 Liberty Bowl--UL 44 Boise State 40

2005 MPC Computers Bowl--Boston College 27 Boise State 21

2006 Fiesta Bowl--Boise State 43 Oklahoma 42

That's 5-2 for Boise State. Let's see who UL's bowl performance over the same time:

1998 GMAC Bowl--Marshall 48 UL 29

1999 Humanitarian Bowl--Boise State 43 UL 31

2000 Liberty Bowl--Southern Miss 22 UL 17

2001 Liberty Bowl--Louisville 28 BYU 10

2002 GMAC Bowl--Marshall 38 UL 15

2003 GMAC Bowl--Miami Ohio 49 UL 28

2005 Gator Bowl-- Va Tech 35 UL 24

2006 Orange Bowl--UL 24 Wake Forest 13

So to sum it up Boise State has split a pair of bowls with Louisville (18th in these rankings) , beaten a pair of teams from BCS conferences in Iowa State (66th in the rankings)and Oklahoma (5th in the rankings), beaten TCU (a program ranked 24th in the rankings), and UTEP (88th in the rankings). Their two losses were by a TOTAL of 10 points to the aforementioned UL (18th) and Boston College (22nd in the rankings).

Meanwhile UL has been BLOWN OUT TWICE by Marshall (42nd in the rankings), once by Miami Ohio (50th in the rankings), beaten solidly by Virginia Tech (12th), and lost close games to Boise State (16th), and Southern Miss (39th). They did manage solid wins over BYU (44th) and Wake Forest (60th), along with the 4 point win over Boise State (16th).

Boise is 5-2, UL is 3-6. Boise State's only two losses were by a total of 10 points to programs who ranked in the top 25 in this poll. UL was blown in three games by teams outside of the top 40. Boise and UL split leaving UL's next best win over a program ranked 44th in the rankings. So I'm failing to see ANY evidence why, when taking the entire last decade into account Boise State shouldn't be ranked ahead of UL. As a matter of fact looking at that bowl performance it would seem that UL is getting more credit than perhaps it should have for the last 2 years. Before you say that Boise State doesn't play anyone during the season let me remind you of the familiar refrain used by UL supporters: "We can only play who's on our schedule. No one wants to play us." That's exactly the case with Boise, I seriously doubt any real BCS contender is going to agree with a home and home with the Broncos.

1999 Humanitarian Bowl Boise St. 34 UL 31 Remember this is for the whole last 10 years--not the last 2 seasons. But since you've already chosen to ignore this one once I'll post some more for you.

2000 Humanitarian Bowl--Boise State 38 UTEP 23

2002 Humanitarian Bowl--Boise State 34 Iowa State 16

2003 Fort Worth Bowl--Boise State 34 TCU 31

2005 MPC Computers Bowl--Boston College 27 Boise State 21

2006 Fiesta Bowl--Boise State 43 Oklahoma 42

That's 5-2 for Boise State. Let's see who UL's bowl performance over the same time:

1998 GMAC Bowl--Marshall 48 UL 29

1999 Humanitarian Bowl--Boise State 43 UL 31

2000 Liberty Bowl--Southern Miss 22 UL 17

2001 Liberty Bowl--Louisville 28 BYU 10

2002 GMAC Bowl--Marshall 38 UL 15

2003 GMAC Bowl--Miami Ohio 49 UL 28

2005 Gator Bowl-- Va Tech 35 UL 24

2006 Orange Bowl--UL 24 Wake Forest 13

So to sum it up Boise State has split a pair of bowls with Louisville (18th in these rankings) , beaten a pair of teams from BCS conferences in Iowa State (66th in the rankings)and Oklahoma (5th in the rankings), beaten TCU (a program ranked 24th in the rankings), and UTEP (88th in the rankings). Their two losses were by a TOTAL of 10 points to the aforementioned UL (18th) and Boston College (22nd in the rankings).

Meanwhile UL has been BLOWN OUT TWICE by Marshall (42nd in the rankings), once by Miami Ohio (50th in the rankings), beaten solidly by Virginia Tech (12th), and lost close games to Boise State (16th), and Southern Miss (39th). They did manage solid wins over BYU (44th) and Wake Forest (60th), along with the 4 point win over Boise State (16th).

Boise is 5-2, UL is 3-6. Boise State's only two losses were by a total of 10 points to programs who ranked in the top 25 in this poll. UL was blown in three games by teams outside of the top 40. Boise and UL split leaving UL's next best win over a program ranked 44th in the rankings. So I'm failing to see ANY evidence why, when taking the entire last decade into account Boise State shouldn't be ranked ahead of UL. As a matter of fact looking at that bowl performance it would seem that UL is getting more credit than perhaps it should have for the last 2 years. Before you say that Boise State doesn't play anyone during the season let me remind you of the familiar refrain used by UL supporters: "We can only play who's on our schedule. No one wants to play us." That's exactly the case with Boise, I seriously doubt any real BCS contender is going to agree with a home and home with the Broncos.

:thumb: Very Nice Post!!!!!!!

First of all, never anywhere in this thread did I say Boise State shouldn't be ranked ahead of Louisville...I knew what their bowl records were, so all of your "research" was for nothing. The "Boise State is a joke" comment was based on the fact that apparently EVERYONE has jumped on their bandwagon since they beat Oklahoma. My point is, they beat ONE Top 10 ball club, so Im not jumping on any bandwagons just yet...Yeah, they beat UL, in 1999, before UL became the nationally recognized team that they are Today. The fact that you have to post rankings like If I can't say BSU doesn't play anybody, then I certainly better not hear anymore downplaying of UL's BCS win over Wake Forest.....

:p But, it really did post some very nice facts..

My whole point is that many people are jumping on BSU's bandwagon for the simple fact that they beat OU on a miracle play. Many of those same people really didn't give a darn about the Broncos until that happened...I think it takes a little more than that to get national cred...JMO.

My whole point is that many people are jumping on BSU's bandwagon for the simple fact that they beat OU on a miracle play. Many of those same people really didn't give a darn about the Broncos until that happened...I think it takes a little more than that to get national cred...JMO.

But at the same time the UL supporters on here just can't figure out why so many of us are reluctant to consider UL a national power. It takes more than one win over Wake Forrest in the Orange Bowl to get national cred. By tearing apart the accomplishments of Boise St. it doesn't help the cause of the Cardinals IMO.

First of all, never anywhere in this thread did I say Boise State shouldn't be ranked ahead of Louisville...I knew what their bowl records were, so all of your "research" was for nothing. The "Boise State is a joke" comment was based on the fact that apparently EVERYONE has jumped on their bandwagon since they beat Oklahoma. My point is, they beat ONE Top 10 ball club, so Im not jumping on any bandwagons just yet...Yeah, they beat UL, in 1999, before UL became the nationally recognized team that they are Today. The fact that you have to post rankings like If I can't say BSU doesn't play anybody, then I certainly better not hear anymore downplaying of UL's BCS win over Wake Forest.....

See, that's the whole problem. You didn't say any of the rest of that. You simply said that Boise State was a joke--which the facts just don't back up. By simply stating that Boise State was a joke most rational readers would infer that you thought that they should not have been rated as high as they were and that would mean not ahead of your Cardinals. I was simply pointing out that the evidence shows that if UL has earned their place then certainly Boise State has earned theirs--they do have a better resume.