Boston Celtics 106 Dallas Mavericks 88 (NBA Finals)

One of the more dominating teams in league history on both ends of the court. Additionally, they may be the most likable teams ever. Up and down the roster are a bunch of good dudes.

• Like 1

Game 4 was the weirdest part about the series to me.  It comes across as an integrity issue to me.  From the Great Google Machine:

The Dallas Mavericks blew the doors off the Celtics in Game 4 of the NBA Finals, earning a 122-84 victory—the third-largest win in the history of the Finals. From the opening tip, Dallas out-hustled, out-rebounded, outran, and flat-out outplayed the Celtics in every way imaginable.

16 minutes ago, bugatti said:

One of the more dominating teams in league history on both ends of the court. Additionally, they may be the most likable teams ever. Up and down the roster are a bunch of good dudes.

Refreshing. 

I believe they said first team in seven years to have the best regular season record and win the title. Only lost 3 games in the playoffs. Best of all, 18th title moves them out of a tie with the Lakers into #1 most titles.

Playoffs were pretty meh as a whole. The favorite won and wasn't really tested at all. Game 4 was a fluke, and definitely falls into the "they are extending this on purpose" category for me. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Playoffs were pretty meh as a whole. The favorite won and wasn't really tested at all. Game 4 was a fluke, and definitely falls into the "they are extending this on purpose" category for me. 

It was an inverted pyramid of excitement. Aside from Boston, the East was hot garbage so there was no intrigue. The conference Finals and Finals saw a total of 14 games played. Eek.

On 6/17/2024 at 11:58 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I believe they said first team in seven years to have the best regular season record and win the title. Only lost 3 games in the playoffs. Best of all, 18th title moves them out of a tie with the Lakers into #1 most titles.

Interesting stat, especially the first part you brought up. Oddly, they are the first NBA champion with a 64 win regular season record. 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:01 AM, TheDeuce said:

Extending on purpose? No.

Celtics weren't motivated for game 4 and knew they would win it at home, yes.