Where would you rank UK if they played in the Big East?

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And UK doesn't?

Don't believe that I even mentioned UK in comparrison to Rutgers, but since you bring it up, UK is 24-35 over the last 4 seasons, and 46-70 over the last 10 seasons. Looks like they have faired pretty well with Rutgers from a historical standpoint, especially when you consider that UK has likely played a much tougher schedule than Rutgers. At this point I'm not really sure that Rutgers has seperated themselves above the rest of the Big East to clearly be labeled the 3rd best team.

No way I'd rate UK over Rutgers or South Florida. I'm confidant that UK has a better roster than Cincinnatti, but that defense played well under the last coach and has a ton of on field experiance against the best offenses in the nation. They would give UK more than they would bargan for.

I think UK would beat Syracuse, UConn, and Pittsburgh.

Everyone is loving them some Rutgers but they lost half their starting defense.

Got throttled by an average UC team.

I think them losing Brian Leonard will be tough even with Ray rice returning.

Mike Teel Jr is not that good of a QB.

Their non-conference schedule is pitiful, so they will be bowl eligible.

USF is pretty good but will be young and I think better than Rutgers.

I would say they would arguable be 4th in the Big East, UK that is.

Everyone is loving them some Rutgers but they lost half their starting defense.

Got throttled by an average UC team.

I think them losing Brian Leonard will be tough even with Ray rice returning.

Mike Teel Jr is not that good of a QB.

Their non-conference schedule is pitiful, so they will be bowl eligible.

USF is pretty good but will be young and I think better than Rutgers.

I would say they would arguable be 4th in the Big East, UK that is.

I agree. I think that is being overlooked. I'm not drinking the Rutgers Kool-Aid yet.

Don't believe that I even mentioned UK in comparrison to Rutgers, but since you bring it up, UK is 24-35 over the last 4 seasons, and 46-70 over the last 10 seasons. Looks like they have faired pretty well with Rutgers from a historical standpoint, especially when you consider that UK has likely played a much tougher schedule than Rutgers. At this point I'm not really sure that Rutgers has seperated themselves above the rest of the Big East to clearly be labeled the 3rd best team.

You think? :D

Last year UK might have beaten UC, Pitt or USF but imho they would have lost one out of the three.

I don't think the UK offense would have done much against the UC D last year. Might have a better shot this year with the change in philosophy as they get used to the new staff, but almost all of the personnel is still in place...

I don't think the UK offense would have done much against the UC D last year. Might have a better shot this year with the change in philosophy as they get used to the new staff, but almost all of the personnel is still in place...

I think UK would clearly be below U of L and WVU, clearly above UConn and Syracuse...probably better than Pitt, but not so much that it would be a sure thing, especially if they played at Pitt...that leaves USF, Cincy and Rutgers...I think the outcomes of those games could depend in large part to where they were played.

Just for arguments sake, I think the scheduling would play a part in how UK would do. For instance, IMO, the ideal schedule would be to play U of L, WVU, UConn and Syracuse on the road, while playing the others at home...UK likely isn't going to beat U of L or WVU anywhere and they should be able to beat UConn and Syracuse anywhere...having the swing games at home would be a huge advantage...on the flipside, if you reversed it, UK would probably fare worse. I think UK would likely be battling Rutgers and USF for the 3-5 spots...and you could possibly throw Cincy in there and make it 3-6. I figure they'd finish about 4th, maybe 3rd.