Where would you rank UK if they played in the Big East?

RowdyRedRam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did the Weak East all of a sudden become a power conference???

First of all, give us a better shot at a "name." That was awful...:lol:

Secondly, if you think UK would waltz right into the Big East and place third behind UL and WVU, you don't watch much Big East football.

Secondly, if you think UK would waltz right into the Big East and place third behind UL and WVU, you don't watch much Big East football.

I don't think the majority feel that way, but it's far from ridiculous to think they could finish third in the Big East. It's pretty obvious that U of L and WVU are well ahead of the pack in that conference. Yeah, I know Rutgers beat the Cardinals and had a great season, but once in ten years isn't enough for me to place them out of UK's reach. They caught Louisville on a bad week, possibly looking ahead to the WVU showdown, playing at home in primetime, and they took advantage. I congratulate them, but I'll have to see more than one good season to give them too much credit.

There are so many variables in college football, like scheduling and such. Who knows how well UK might play if they got a good draw and had some of the easier games early in the year...when a team gets on a good roll, their confidence builds and they start to play better and better. I think Rutgers benefitted from that in some regard, whereas in the SEC that just doesn't happen for an up-and-comer from the second tier.

Very nice comeback by saying we don't watch Big East football, I figured that would come. :thumb:

And this is why civil threads don't last long here.

UK fans come in and make realistic predictions, and you act like they're crazy.

And when I say UK wouldn't finish third in the Big East, they act like Im crazy...:rolleyes: We could go around in circles forever.

A better measure of this question might be where would UK likely finish if you consider a longer time span say 5 or 10 year period granted there have been alot of new teams show up in that period.

As for next year, last year or most years, it's my guess that UK would fair better in the big East than they do, have, or will in the SEC. The SEC is a monster in football in the past present and future.

And when I say UK wouldn't finish third in the Big East, they act like Im crazy...:rolleyes: We could go around in circles forever.

Actually, you haven't said where you think they would finish. All you've done is insult other people's posts.

So realistically, where do you think they'd finish?

Most UK fans are saying 3rd to 5th depending on the schedule. So if you think these comments are "optimistic" then you must think UK would be 6th to 8th, and if you think that, you ARE crazy.

Also, you're the one with an avatar and location insulting UK, so we'll assume you're the one being a jerk.

I don't think the UK offense would have done much against the UC D last year. Might have a better shot this year with the change in philosophy as they get used to the new staff, but almost all of the personnel is still in place...

Clemson's defense was much higher ranked than UC's last year, heading into the bowl game, matter of fact it was a top 15 defense according to NCAA Rankings.

UK did fairly well versus the Tiger defense.