Mustain Leaving Arkansas

gametime

Arkansas quarterback Mitch Mustain, undefeated as a Razorbacks starter after a stellar high school career, has been given permission to transfer to another university, coach Houston Nutt said Tuesday.

The move came one day after offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, Mustain's high school coach, left to become assistant head coach and co-offensive coordinator at Tulsa. Mustain and Malzahn joined the Razorbacks a year ago from Springdale High School.

Mustain asked for permission to transfer and Nutt appeared to be holding out hope Mustain might decide to stay with the team even after receiving his release.

"I don't know for sure where we are right now," Nutt said. "Naturally, I don't want him to go. I want him to stay here."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2733190

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what all is going on in Arkansas, but from everything I've seen and read, I like what Houston Nutt brings to the table.

Amen...I'd have granted him permission the very first time he asked and bought his bus ticket.

I can understand Mustain wanting to know the direction the program is heading, but he bailed on a good coach and team. My opinion is that when the going gets tough, Mustain gets going (to another school).

Mazlahan was one of the best offensive coaches in the Nation in High School. Ark gave him the job to get Mustane. I heard that Maz and Nutt didn't see eye to eye. I know Maz changed a lot of what he was doing to fit the Arkansas talent but I"m not sure it was at his own will. Mustane and Tebow were the top 2 QB prospects coming out last year. He didn't play like it but I think the talent is there. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Mazlahan was one of the best offensive coaches in the Nation in High School. Ark gave him the job to get Mustane. I heard that Maz and Nutt didn't see eye to eye. I know Maz changed a lot of what he was doing to fit the Arkansas talent but I"m not sure it was at his own will. Mustane and Tebow were the top 2 QB prospects coming out last year. He didn't play like it but I think the talent is there. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Great point!! Is there any word where he is thinking about going? Marshall may be a good fit, they have been known to jump start a few careers in the past.