Open Job: Scott

There is a solid foundation in place. Gotta get more kids to stay in district and play which has been a problem the last few years with some very good players choosing to play HS ball elsewhere. The move to 5a and a very tough district will make this a tough job.

Scott needs to find someone that cares about the community, fans, parents, middle school program and youth program. Find a coach that cares about all levels and players. Maybe not necessarily one that is a teacher.  They seem have paraprofessionals coach at other Varsity sports, so why not football?

Scott has ran the table over district opponents the last few years. Going up to 5A would not be good for the program in my opinion.  I know teams rebuild or reload each year, but you have to build a pipeline and develop the players you have available.  You can’t have kids wanting to play the game playing only 9 snaps all season. Kids watching the first team all practice long from the sideline is not good.  You can’t have 60-70 kids to start the season and finish with numbers in 30’s.  

The last few years Scott had some of the best athletes they have ever seen. For this to only fall apart in the end of the seasons and make you wonder what are they doing.  It’s hard to believe that kids with potential college football careers are left wanting to leave the game and lose the love of the sport due to some of the coaching.  

The past 10 years Scott football, other Athletic teams and the school overall has been pretty good and on the rise. The improvements to the school campus and athletic facilities have been great.  Now make a great decision on the next coach. 
Eagle Pride!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Scott needs to find someone that cares about the community, fans, parents, middle school program and youth program. Find a coach that cares about all levels and players. Maybe not necessarily one that is a teacher.  They seem have paraprofessionals coach at other Varsity sports, so why not football?

Scott has ran the table over district opponents the last few years. Going up to 5A would not be good for the program in my opinion.  I know teams rebuild or reload each year, but you have to build a pipeline and develop the players you have available.  You can’t have kids wanting to play the game playing only 9 snaps all season. Kids watching the first team all practice long from the sideline is not good.  You can’t have 60-70 kids to start the season and finish with numbers in 30’s.  

The last few years Scott had some of the best athletes they have ever seen. For this to only fall apart in the end of the seasons and make you wonder what are they doing.  It’s hard to believe that kids with potential college football careers are left wanting to leave the game and lose the love of the sport due to some of the coaching.  

The past 10 years Scott football, other Athletic teams and the school overall has been pretty good and on the rise. The improvements to the school campus and athletic facilities have been great.  Now make a great decision on the next coach. 
Eagle Pride!!

Scott competed well at 5a in their last go when they were in district with Conner, Cooper, and South Oldham. They never won that district or a playoff game but they weren’t a pushover. I think this time around will be tougher, but they really don’t have a choice in the matter. I believe they were slated to be 5a the last two alignments but were able to move down when other teams opted to play up. They are squarely in the middle of 5a and won’t have that option this time around.

17 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Scott competed well at 5a in their last go when they were in district with Conner, Cooper, and South Oldham. They never won that district or a playoff game but they weren’t a pushover. I think this time around will be tougher, but they really don’t have a choice in the matter. I believe they were slated to be 5a the last two alignments but were able to move down when other teams opted to play up. They are squarely in the middle of 5a and won’t have that option this time around.

That 2015 team was crazy. One play away from final four. The other years not so much 

33 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

That 2015 team was crazy. One play away from final four. The other years not so much 

2015 was their first year in 4a. They were 5a prior to that and competed well in 2012, 2013, and 2014. They gave South Oldham good games, and competed well against Conner during the Drew Barker days. It was a really tough district which led to bad playoff match ups with Franklin County when they had Timmons. They were by no means world beaters but consistently improved in what was a really tough district, which led to that year in 2015. 

Under Turner they did manage to win two district titles (albeit a not so strong district). The biggest issue they’ve faced is lack of depth and losing so many good players to other schools. Some really good players who came up through the TM Eagles and Woodland have decided to play high school ball elsewhere, with some accepting lesser roles at places like Beechwood. Until that changes, it’s going to be tough.

I’d love to see a young coach with lots of fresh ideas and energy come in and take this job. This would be a great spot for a first time coach who’s been a part of building a program. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

There is a solid foundation in place. Gotta get more kids to stay in district and play which has been a problem the last few years with some very good players choosing to play HS ball elsewhere. The move to 5a and a very tough district will make this a tough job.

Heard it thru the grapevine that Scott is challenging the enrollment numbers that the KHSAA used and is trying to stay 4A instead of moving up to 5A.

48 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Heard it thru the grapevine that Scott is challenging the enrollment numbers that the KHSAA used and is trying to stay 4A instead of moving up to 5A.

How do you challenge the numbers you reported to the Kentucky Department of Education for funding purposes?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

12 minutes ago, Builder1214 said:

How do you challenge the numbers you reported to the Kentucky Department of Education for funding purposes?

Unless it is some type of clerical error, I'm not sure how you challenge that.

45 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Unless it is some type of clerical error, I'm not sure how you challenge that.

With no 20/21 enrollment, wasn’t the KHSAA using 22/23 twice in figuring enrollment numbers? Could the challenge be based on maybe 22/23 being used twice artificially inflated the numbers?  Seems like there would have needed to be a pretty big jump in enrollment this year for that to be the case. 

17 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

With no 20/21 enrollment, wasn’t the KHSAA using 22/23 twice in figuring enrollment numbers? Could the challenge be based on maybe 22/23 being used twice artificially inflated the numbers?  Seems like there would have needed to be a pretty big jump in enrollment this year for that to be the case. 

Maybe so, but wouldn't that be the case for everyone? Scott would effectively be asking to throw away everyone's numbers if that is the basis for the argument.

16 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Maybe so, but wouldn't that be the case for everyone? Scott would effectively be asking to throw away everyone's numbers if that is the basis for the argument.

Yes, that would be seemingly an invitation for everyone who wasn't happy with moving up to challenge the numbers. Just doing quick math, it would have taken ALOT less boys enrolled in 20/21 (well over 100) to pull the period average down to 4a levels. The current boys enrollment is a little less than 100 more than the previous alignment average. Based on numbers, I would think a challenge would be really hard to win. They are currently the 6th smallest 5a school, but have almost 10% more boys than the largest 4a school (578 vs 524 average)