Open Job: Scott

1 hour ago, Builder1214 said:

How do you challenge the numbers you reported to the Kentucky Department of Education for funding purposes?

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Unless it is some type of clerical error, I'm not sure how you challenge that.

I'm not particularly sure either. Just reporting what I heard.

Maybe they went back and reviewed things after seeing the move up and found an error?

1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

I'm not particularly sure either. Just reporting what I heard.

Maybe they went back and reviewed things after seeing the move up and found an error?

Either way, things are going to be tougher, as they'll have Cov Cath to deal with and likely a still tough sister district with Boyle if they stay in 4A. The program does have a lot going for it, and plenty of community support, and a supportive administration in the building.  Get the right coach in place and they will compete.

11 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I was told Coach Turner had numerous coaches quit his coaching staff after the season's end.

I heard the same thing happened last year but I can't verify that.

What was going on with Coach Turner at Scott to make so many coaches leave and from the tea leaves I am reading the powers that be at Scott to force Turner out?

• Like 1

Personal and health reasons, but reality is he lost control of the program, respect from the community and the parents. Players did what they wanted, some coaches did what they wanted and some ruined great football players. They lost more than 20 ish seniors.

One win away from a 3rd district title coming off a bye week to prepare for all the marbles and proceed to lose the district title and get embarrassed for the next 4 straight games losing all four by total scores of 183-35. 

https://linknky.com/sports/2022/12/15/scotts-turner-resigns-as-eagles-head-football-coach/

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Scott best players are playing for Beechwood and CovCath. 

Leen CovCath

Edward CovCath

Sowder Beechwood 

Harney Beechwood 

Craycraft Beechwood 

This goes back a long time. Logan Castleman (whose brother played at Scott) is another. SK has had several Scott guys over the years as well. These are only the big names. There have been many others that have chosen to play elsewhere and taken lesser roles.

While Harney grew up playing for the TM Eagles, it was made clear from the beginning Scott football wasn't in his future. 

FWIW, I don't begrudge any parent for choosing to do what they feel is best for their kid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

This goes back a long time. Logan Castleman (whose brother played at Scott) is another. SK has had several Scott guys over the years as well. These are only the big names. There have been many others that have chosen to play elsewhere and taken lesser roles.

While Harney grew up playing for the TM Eagles, it was made clear from the beginning Scott football wasn't in his future. 

FWIW, I don't begrudge any parent for choosing to do what they feel is best for their kid. 

Amen. I know plenty of folks whose parents planned for 8 years of public gradeschool and 4 years of private high school from the get-go. I have friends now who are saving up for Catholic high school while they are sending their kids to public grade school.

I've never understood the attitude that "he or she 'should have' been at fill-in-the-blank public high school," when the reality is, a student SHOULD be where their parents decide is best for them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Scott best players are playing for Beechwood and CovCath. 

Leen CovCath

Edward CovCath

Sowder Beechwood 

Harney Beechwood 

Craycraft Beechwood 

Hard to make any claim that Owen Leen is a 'Scott player lost to Cov Cath' when his mom has been the Director Of Advancement at Cov Cath since before he started high school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Hard to make any claim that Owen Leen is a 'Scott player lost to Cov Cath' when his mom has been the Director Of Advancement at Cov Cath since before he started high school.

Really, the only player mentioned that could be considered "lost" was Craycraft, who actually did put on a Scott uniform. I'm pretty sure all the others, even though they played youth and or middle school ball in the system, never actually planned on going to Scott. And the reality is, with Scott reaching a few region finals/having a few district championships and Woodland winning several MS championships, their reasons for not going to Scott probably involved more than just football. Beechwood's reputation for high level academics, and Cov Cath providing a Catholic Education in an all boys setting are tough to compete with if that's what someone's vision is for their child's education. And in some cases, Scott is still dealing with parents who grew up when Scott's reputation both in school and on the football field wasn't so good and never would consider sending their kids there. Maybe more could have been done to make them stay, but I doubt it. Scott has fought this battle for a long time, and will probably continue to fight moving forward. That's why this coaching hire will be extremely important. Hopefully this doesn't drag out until May like it did last time. There is a foundation in place, and a good hire will go a long way in convincing those that are football focused to stay.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I am going by him playing for the Taylor Mill Eagles.

Played for TM, never played at Woodland and from what I know, it was pretty clear from day 1 he wouldn't be playing at Scott. The reality is he and Harney were never Scott's to lose. 

• Like 1