Mayfield vs. Beechwood Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

Mayfield vs Beechwood for another title  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is a little off topic but here is an old picture of Brandon Berger (Mitchell Berger's father) back in the day. Photo courtesy of the Kenton County Public Library and former KY Post as shared on Facebook by the City of Fort Mitchell:

Brandon.jpg

That was against Lloyd in 1991. I’m pretty sure it was the first game against them. Beechwood won that game 31-10. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

C134E597-814B-4EBF-AF01-8777FE28E828.png

When you get to this point in the year, they are pretty accurate on these predictions. That 62% chance of victory for Beechwood is about what I was thinking. That means Beechwood wins 6 of 10 and Mayfield 4 of 10. That is anyone's game IMO. One or two big plays is the difference.

• Like 3

This game is Beechwood’s to lose.  They just have way too big of population area to draw kids from. And when you can draw a D1 prospect from out of state to a small school says a lot about your program and area.  The Mayfield area use to have General Tire and other big businesses to attract families.  Mayfield was having difficulty keeping businesses as it was and after the disaster even harder to get growth I sure.  Hoping for the best for the team and the town in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldSchool45 said:

This game is Beechwood’s to lose.  They just have way too big of population area to draw kids from. And when you can draw a D1 prospect from out of state to a small school says a lot about your program and area.  The Mayfield area use to have General Tire and other big businesses to attract families.  Mayfield was having difficulty keeping businesses as it was and after the disaster even harder to get growth I sure.  Hoping for the best for the team and the town in the future. 

Let me just say this, we have proven over and over that the size of our population (and the number of businesses that are located here) is not a safe measuring stick as to the strength of our football program. Most of the larger schools that we played through the years, and some of them with D1 athletes, have failed to register a victory against us. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OldSchool45 said:

Huh?  How many people you think Fort Mitchell has?  It's an independent school district. Anyone that lives outside the district has to pay tuition, from what I understand. Quick google search shows population,

Fort Mitchell: 8662

Mayfield : 9971

• Like 2

The Western Ky area has probably less than 100K compared to same size area of Northern KY probably over 10x that.  That my point.  Way more $$$ in the system just look at the facilities.  That in and of it self is huge. More opportunities in the area to draw families.   Mayfield can win but it would take best they have done thus far. Most likely a perfect game.  It just my opinion don’t get all worked up.  I love underdogs!!

16 minutes ago, OldSchool45 said:

The Western Ky area has probably less than 100K compared to same size area of Northern KY probably over 10x that.  That my point.  Way more $$$ in the system just look at the facilities.  That in and of it self is huge. More opportunities in the area to draw families.   Mayfield can win but it would take best they have done thus far. Most likely a perfect game.  It just my opinion don’t get all worked up.  I love underdogs!!

I understand, and I'm not worked up at all. But what a lot of people don't understand is, there are a LOT of high schools in Northern Ky. There are probably 15 high schools within 10 miles of Beechwood. And most all play football. Covington Catholic and Dixie are both 5 minutes away

1 hour ago, Keith the old guy said:

Huh?  How many people you think Fort Mitchell has?  It's an independent school district. Anyone that lives outside the district has to pay tuition, from what I understand. Quick google search shows population,

Fort Mitchell: 8662

Mayfield : 9971

Tend to agree, especially considering Ft Mitchell is very Catholic and Cov. Cath is a big draw.  

• Like 1