Highlands - 2022 Schedule

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I would make Noon a Highlands version of Deebo Samuel plus let him get snaps at QB as a potent wildcat style with more of a passing threat.

Deebo Samuel is another good comparison for Noon.  Most of all I want Noon to be able to play multiple positions on the field. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Highlands fan in me, and there is a big one, wants to give Coach Sphire the complete benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. 

Trust me I am with you 100% and am backing Coach Sphire. The culture change has been big and positive. I just know if I were coaching I wouldn’t want that many dads in my ear. 

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

Trust me I am with you 100% and am backing Coach Sphire. The culture change has been big and positive. I just know if I were coaching I wouldn’t want that many dads in my ear. 

I would assume Coach Sphire sets a very healthy and solid boundary with any dads on his staff.

Furthermore, there is a lot of "bench strength" at Highlands because of the long tradition of excellence and therefore I would be looking hard at anyone in the Highlands family that wants to help. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

Deebo Samuel is another good comparison for Noon.  Most of all I want Noon to be able to play multiple positions on the field. 

I'm getting exciting just thinking about it. The weapons on offense is going to be SICK: Noon, Hinegardner, Class, Benke, Geisler....to name a few. 

LETS GO!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would assume Coach Sphire sets a very healthy and solid boundary with any dads on his staff.

Furthermore, there is a lot of "bench strength" at Highlands because of the long tradition of excellence and therefore I would be looking hard at anyone in the Highlands family that wants to help. 

We will have to agree to disagree on this. Just because you want to help doesn’t mean it’s the right help. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this. Just because you want to help doesn’t mean it’s the right help. 

That is for Coach Sphire to filter through but I agree just because someone wants to help doesn't mean they should get to help.  I would certainly think there are some very tuned in "powers that be" at Highlands that could privately advise Coach Sphire on parents that may not be a good fit for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

If the dads are well qualified, it should be a non issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I will add "demonstrates an elite ability to stay in ones own lane."

In my many years of experience both coaching and in athletics, the dads who are willing to step up and coach are rarely the issue. It's the dads that sit in the stands and think they can coach where the problems can arise.

• Like 4

Bob Sphire is an excellent football coach. He has been dealing with head coach type issues for over 30 years... successfully. He's tough as nails and his self esteem is intact. He can navigate parents, the roles of Dads, his staff, etc..... at a very high level. The Birds have good things ahead. Wish you guys the best.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Bob Sphire is an excellent football coach. He has been dealing with head coach type issues for over 30 years... successfully. He's tough as nails and his self esteem is intact. He can navigate parents, the roles of Dads, his staff, etc..... at a very high level. The Birds have good things ahead. Wish you guys the best.  

The Chief has spoken....

1178363918_Letsmoveon1.gif

• Haha 1

I am not too concerned about Coach Sphire he is old school and the kids like him!  He has his hands all over the program.  No Dad will step out of bounds.  Last year the kids that played was the right kids.  They were young and others had some tough injuries at key positions.  The depth will continue to get better and the talent is there it just has to be converted on game day.  The only lack is a true return and special team game.  If I was Sphire I show back tapes of Colin “Frog” Seidel and get the special teams special.  Last year it was bad!!!

• Like 1