Highlands - 2022 Schedule

So to discuss maybe a more meaningful game:  Game #1 on the schedule South Warren.

This will be the second year in a row Highlands will start the season off against the Defending State Champ.  Unfortunately, Highlands was fooled thinking BG was a Powerhouse in 2021 since they ended up with a lackluster year.

Will this be the case with South Warren or will they come into next year as solid as 2021 or will they be rebuilding from a lot lost???

Bags are packed, hotel booked…..I am ready!!!

GO BIRDS!!!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

So to discuss maybe a more meaningful game:  Game #1 on the schedule South Warren.

This will be the second year in a row Highlands will start the season off against the Defending State Champ.  Unfortunately, Highlands was fooled thinking BG was a Powerhouse in 2021 since they ended up with a lackluster year.

Will this be the case with South Warren or will they come into next year as solid as 2021 or will they be rebuilding from a lot lost???

Bags are packed, hotel booked…..I am ready!!!

GO BIRDS!!!!

I agree, what an exciting first game, Highlands vs. South Warren!

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I will go on the record right now, I predict a running clock victory by the Birds. 

54 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Absolutely, first half.

Projected score based on 2021 records from calpreps.com:

Highlands 31 Raceland 21

Yes, based on February thoughts, I expect Highlands to win. I don't expect a running clock.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

One more Raceland comment. Don't discount a team just because they are 1A. The calpreps.com 2021 final statewide rankings have Pikeville #14 in the state. If Pikeville played Highlands last season, I would have picked 1A Pikeville to win.

And Pikeville crushed Raceland. Raceland is not on the level of the top tier 1A-2A teams.

They are a consistently solid small school team that can beat bigger schools in their immediate area, but I don’t see them coming to Ft Thomas and competing. Even if Highlands is in a rebuild mode.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

And Pikeville crushed Raceland. Raceland is not on the level of the top tier 1A-2A teams.

They are a consistently solid small school team that can beat bigger schools in their immediate area, but I don’t see them coming to Ft Thomas and competing. Even if Highlands is in a rebuild mode.

But Pikeville did not put a running clock on Raceland. I think Raceland improves a good amount next year. Too early to know what to expect but I don't think Raceland is a pushover. I like Highlands adding them to their schedule. Good team with a good record that Highlands should beat. Wins are the most important factor in RPI.

26 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is this “rebuilding” stuff that I keep reading?  These are the classes that are supposed to put Highlands back on the map.  Not sure where things short circuited last year, but things changed a lot after the loss to McNick.

They went 5-6, I think that classifies as rebuild mode.

33 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is this “rebuilding” stuff that I keep reading?  These are the classes that are supposed to put Highlands back on the map.  Not sure where things short circuited last year, but things changed a lot after the loss to McNick.

The McNick game was very competitive. 

57 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

But Pikeville did not put a running clock on Raceland. I think Raceland improves a good amount next year. Too early to know what to expect but I don't think Raceland is a pushover. I like Highlands adding them to their schedule. Good team with a good record that Highlands should beat. Wins are the most important factor in RPI.

Almost positive Pikeville running clocked Raceland in the playoffs. Final score was 36-7, believe Raceland scored in mop up duty.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The McNick game was very competitive. 

Yes it was and then it seemed the wheels wobbled for a few weeks and then they should have defeated CovCath and did beat Cooper handily at seasons end.  Then the second CovCath loss was puzzling to say the least.  Looked like things went right back to where things were the prior year.  Maybe there was some dissection and if so that needs to be rooted out and everyone needs to be on same page.

There were key injuries in the 2nd CCH game.  They were down two LB’s and a third was playing through injury.  It resulted in ground and pound which some totally expected.  I am excited for the off-season and the young stars are a year older.  I am expecting big things.  

1 hour ago, Bird Bath said:

There were key injuries in the 2nd CCH game.  They were down two LB’s and a third was playing through injury.  It resulted in ground and pound which some totally expected.  I am excited for the off-season and the young stars are a year older.  I am expecting big things.  

Exactly!  Time to move on to 2022, where big things are being built!

#Go Birds......197 DAYS to go before kickoff