Highlands - 2022 Schedule

Aug 5 at Male (Scrimmage)
Aug 12 - Blue and White Scrimmage
Aug 20 vs. South Warren (at WKU Rafferty's Bowl)
Aug 26 vs. Simon Kenton
Sep 2 at Campbell County
Sep 9 vs. Raceland
Sep 16 at Ryle
Sep 23 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 30 at Conner (District)
Oct 7 vs. Boone County (District)
Oct 14 at Covington Catholic (District)
Oct 21 vs. Cooper (District)
Oct 28 - BYE

FKrYaQkXIAEv9yt.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Aug 20 vs. South Warren (at WKU Rafferty's Bowl)
Aug 26 vs. Simon Kenton
Sep 2 at Campbell County
Sep 9 vs. Raceland
Sep 16 at Ryle
Sep 23 vs. Dixie Heights
Sep 30 at Conner (District)
Oct 7 vs. Boone County (District)
Oct 14 at Covington Catholic (District)
Oct 21 vs. Cooper (District)
Oct 28 - BYE

FKrYaQkXIAEv9yt.jpg

Any idea if Highlands v South Warren is the 1st game or 2nd game in the Rafferty Bowl???

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Raceland feeling their oats going to travel to Ft. Thomas.

Why would Highlands schedule a Class A team? Raceland has had a fine program for many years. This just shocked me.....but I give the Rams credit for doing it.

4 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Why would Highlands schedule a Class A team? Raceland has had a fine program for many years. This just shocked me.....but I give the Rams credit for doing it.

Highlands is rebuilding and this should be a guaranteed win against an opponent worth playing.  Sure it may not help their RPI but in the grand scheme of things I don't see any issue with it. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Highlands is rebuilding and this should be a guaranteed win against an opponent worth playing.  Sure it may not help their RPI but in the grand scheme of things I don't see any issue with it. 

I understand the logic, but felt they underachieved last year while "rebuilding". I assume Raceland was looking to boost RPI or profile by playing in NKY. Wonder if there was a financial component to this game? I assume this is a one year deal. Would be shocked if it's home and home as they complain about travel..... unless it's to BOWLING GREEN lol.

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

I understand the logic, but felt they underachieved last year while "rebuilding". I assume Raceland was looking to boost RPI or profile by playing in NKY. Wonder if there was a financial component to this game? I assume this is a one year deal. Would be shocked if it's home and home as they complain about travel..... unless it's to BOWLING GREEN lol.

Rome wasn't built in a day and I think Highlands is smart not to overschedule. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I believe I saw way back discussing this game on the schedule was to replace the McNicholas game from last years schedule, which was only a 1 year deal, so you are correct in stating that I think this is only a 1 year deal with Raceland coming to the Fort.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

2021 KHSAA RPI

Raceland  .71955

Highlands  .52300

Smaller schools almost always have higher RPI’s because any win they get above their class is an RPI boost. If Highlands doesn’t win this game comfortably, then they better do some soul searching. No way should they struggle at home against Raceland, and if they do then they are further away from competing than I thought.

Just now, gbballfan21 said:

Smaller schools almost always have higher RPI’s because any win they get above their class is an RPI boost. If Highlands doesn’t win this game comfortably, then they better do some soul searching. No way should they struggle at home against Raceland, and if they do then they are further away from competing than I thought.

I will go on the record right now, I predict a running clock victory by the Birds. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.