Highlands - 2022 Schedule

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

What's the minimum record we should expect from Highlands? Six wins is an "improvement," but should we be expecting more for this upcoming season?

I would say any loss to any team NOT Cov Cath and South Warren will be a great disappointment.  Also, if they do take the "L" against Cov Cath and South Warren it better be a close game.  The program has been locked down for almost a year now....so I expect everyone in the Fort is expecting BIG THINGS in Fall 2022!  This team is bigger, stronger and full of talent with these incoming Sr and Jr classes (who have been playing a TON since they have been Sophomores).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think the biggest question I would love to know is who are we going to be as far as an offensive team.  Is it the RPO Charlie Noon show, is it the Justin Herbert (aka Brody Benke) offense or finally is it Bottom's team like we finished the year off with and looked awesome at Cooper to end the Reg Season.

Any indications @Bird Bath?  Or is this going to be a cloak and dagger show until Aug 20th LOL.

3 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I think the biggest question I would love to know is who are we going to be as far as an offensive team.  Is it the RPO Charlie Noon show, is it the Justin Herbert (aka Brody Benke) offense or finally is it Bottom's team like we finished the year off with and looked awesome at Cooper to end the Reg Season.

Any indications @Bird Bath?  Or is this going to be a cloak and dagger show until Aug 20th LOL.

Legitimate questions.  I don’t know.  My guess those are good problems to have.  I would say this to those in the running; work hard seize the day.  It is your time now make every moment count.  

10 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

Legitimate questions.  I don’t know.  My guess those are good problems to have.  I would say this to those in the running; work hard seize the day.  It is your time now make every moment count.  

I totally agree, I don't recall in the last 30+ years ever having 3 legit contenders that could be under center come Aug....I am sure Hayden is having fun with this problem....just going to push these guys that much more.....

20 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is this “rebuilding” stuff that I keep reading?  These are the classes that are supposed to put Highlands back on the map.  Not sure where things short circuited last year, but things changed a lot after the loss to McNick.

I kept thinking the same thing about rebuilding. From most Bluebird faithful it was all coaching two years ago....and they had Boyle Co and Moeller that year. 5-6( same record) with pretty much the same players having a year of varsity experience. I honestly never remember hearing the "R" word from Highlands fans.

4 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I would say any loss to any team NOT Cov Cath and South Warren will be a great disappointment.  Also, if they do take the "L" against Cov Cath and South Warren it better be a close game.  The program has been locked down for almost a year now....so I expect everyone in the Fort is expecting BIG THINGS in Fall 2022!  This team is bigger, stronger and full of talent with these incoming Sr and Jr classes (who have been playing a TON since they have been Sophomores).

To me that's been the Birds fans big complaint....losing to Conner, Cooper, Dixie, Ryle, etc. That shouldn't happen this year, but you never know. Those teams are usually disregarded....but they have coaches who can coach and players that can play.

• Like 1

As a former player, I'd love to see the Birds go undefeated and win another State Championship. After all isn't that the ultimate goal? No doubt the talent this year can compete with anyone on their schedule. Where they may fall short is on the sidelines. I don't see a coaching staff anywhere the caliber of those teams who won State Championships in the past.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I totally agree, I don't recall in the last 30+ years ever having 3 legit contenders that could be under center come Aug....I am sure Hayden is having fun with this problem....just going to push these guys that much more.....

Let’s be honest here… as awesome as a problem as it is to have (2 legit options IMO) Junior isn’t going to have the slightest say in who is the QB of the Birds this fall.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lions Paw said:

As a former player, I'd love to see the Birds go undefeated and win another State Championship. After all isn't that the ultimate goal? No doubt the talent this year can compete with anyone on their schedule. Where they may fall short is on the sidelines. I don't see a coaching staff anywhere the caliber of those teams who won State Championships in the past.

Could not possible agree more with you. Really worried about how this staff is being developed. Really surprised at how Coach Sphire is doing things in this regard. One of the very few criticisms I have of how he’s running things, but this is getting bad. 

• Like 1