Highlands - 2022 Schedule

16 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

Any word on the impact the new strength and conditioning coach has had in the program?

Zero. He does not work with the Football or Basketball teams specifically. Now if a Football player is on the Wrestling team or another School sport, then he may get some training from the New strength guy. But as far as him leading any training within the Football program he is not.

I’ve heard some cool stuff about Highlands freshman RB Devon James. Heard he made the 1000 lb club. I actually coached against him when he was a 6th grader and he was a cheat mode dude then. He probably averaged a TD every other touch. Will he get varsity time this year?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I’ve heard some cool stuff about Highlands freshman RB Devon James. Heard he made the 1000 lb club. I actually coached against him when he was a 6th grader and he was a cheat mode dude then. He probably averaged a TD every other touch. Will he get varsity time this year?

Not quite 1000, but came pretty darn close.  I believe he logged in at 980 according to his fundraiser page.  My guess is he will see some varsity reps this year.  They have a great deal of options to work with as it stands now and he is in the mix.  

• 2 months later...

Little late on the topic, but I do enjoy following the birds I think this will be a pretty successful season to say the least I'll predict a 6-4 Season possibly 7-3. I also think bottom will end up being QB1 and why not have Benke at TE along with Snider? other than that I'm excited.  

7 hours ago, theguru said:

I chatted with someone recently that told me the biggest difference this year is the strength/muscle added to the team as a whole.

To be honest, any positive difference would be a BIG difference. It was bad… 

• Like 3

Dunn, Robinson, Bowler, Hodge, Both Carson.S and Carson.C, Kelsey, Noon a lot others I assume, just can't name them off the top of my head, Deffense should be pretty solid this year.

• Like 2

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:42 PM, Karen said:

Dunn, Robinson, Bowler, Hodge, Both Carson.S and Carson.C, Kelsey, Noon a lot others I assume, just can't name them off the top of my head, Deffense should be pretty solid this year.

Don't forget upcoming Soph Aiden Howard on the DL. The kid put a solid 30lbs this past off season. Wow! I think he is around 6"-2" 260ish right now. That is some off season work right there.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 10:00 PM, MaddenCurse44 said:

Alot of size this year. Benke is listed 6'4 220. 

That will be the most noticeable thing that pops out this year for Highlands. They didn't mess around in the Weight room. Getting excited to see this group come August.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, Karen said:

Little late on the topic, but I do enjoy following the birds I think this will be a pretty successful season to say the least I'll predict a 6-4 Season possibly 7-3. I also think bottom will end up being QB1 and why not have Benke at TE along with Snider? other than that I'm excited.  

And you should be excited. Not the same program from a Size standpoint. Highlands has some Dudes walking around Campus these days. QB1 will be the biggest question. A lot of options right now. Who will step up and run with this system? Some kids are way ahead of others on both sides of the ball now that Spring football has come and gone.

• Like 1