Highlands - 2022 Schedule

1 hour ago, uninformedexpert said:

I was told there are a couple of kids not playing football to focus on baseball, BUT, there are also a couple kids doing the opposite.  The second group, the ones not playing baseball, are much bigger impact football players.  

I am not totally sure who you might be referencing that are deciding to not play baseball, but I have been told that pretty much the entire rising senior WR core will not be back. Don't expect to see names like Hendrix (baseball), DeBurger (baseball), Valliere (moved) to be playing football. Those are 3 VERY talented players who have chosen not to play football. I am interested to hear from you who has decided to do the opposite. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

I heard that James was the strongest kid in the program last year from 9-12. I don't know if that was good or bad. Good for Devon but maybe bad for the overall program.

Unfortunately, I think it is a combo of both. Devon being "relatively" strong for his age and the program being so far behind in the weight room because of the previous HC's weight program. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2022 at 9:01 PM, Kenny Powers said:

Could not possible agree more with you. Really worried about how this staff is being developed. Really surprised at how Coach Sphire is doing things in this regard. One of the very few criticisms I have of how he’s running things, but this is getting bad. 

Really? The program is better than it's been in years and the staff is 💯 upgraded!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/24/2022 at 5:25 PM, Kenny Powers said:

Unfortunately, I think it is a combo of both. Devon being "relatively" strong for his age and the program being so far behind in the weight room because of the previous HC's weight program. 

Yep. The Tug a War rope AKA the Weight program has been donated to the Local Marina to anchor their Head Boat. All kidding aside. Highlands is really taking the Off Season training more serious and that's the difference. When the New staff arrived they did a actual Test to see if most of the program could perform a certain lift. 90% of the program failed. That is in the past. New beginnings. Right wrong or indifferent, every Coach has their own way of doing things. Coach Sphire is working the Kids in ways they have never been taught. Maybe the previous Staff worked the Kids hard and that's great but Sphire is doing it different. It's a Love/Hate for some but most realize it's what was needed to change. Time to move on from the past.

• Like 3