Highlands - 2022 Schedule

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Who you cutting out of the 3, just curious.

I don’t want to throw a young man under the bus by saying he doesn’t have a shot; especially when I have no say in anything and it is just based on what I have seen. Sorry. I will say that I genuinely hope all three are awesome players for HHS. I think you and I are on similar situations in that we just want the program to be back to where it should be! GO BORDS 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

My guess is Noon, with his tremendous upside as a playmaker as a safety on D....am I right?

Definitely not. I am over the idea that a QB at the high school level couldn’t play both sides of the ball. If you are the best at a position, any position, you should play and play a lot at that position. This is especially true at HHS when you have 2, some would argue 3, legit options at QB. 

6 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Definitely not. I am over the idea that a QB at the high school level couldn’t play both sides of the ball. If you are the best at a position, any position, you should play and play a lot at that position. This is especially true at HHS when you have 2, some would argue 3, legit options at QB. 

Throw caution in the wind! Love it, would you agree moving away from QB controversy....Noon should be a starting Safety.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Could not possible agree more with you. Really worried about how this staff is being developed. Really surprised at how Coach Sphire is doing things in this regard. One of the very few criticisms I have of how he’s running things, but this is getting bad. 

Can you elaborate? 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Can you elaborate? 

The amount of dads on staff really worries me. I think they are up to 7 coaches with current, or soon to be (incoming freshman) players on the team. 

Some of the other hires just do not make sense to me. Not sure what they “bring to the table”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

The amount of dads on staff really worries me. I think they are up to 7 coaches with current, or soon to be (incoming freshman) players on the team. 

Some of the other hires just do not make sense to me. Not sure what they “bring to the table”. 

I was giving this scenario a pass last season with a lack of time for Bob to put a staff of his own together with the late hire but now with a full off season, I'm with you that it is interesting that there hasnt been more of a reshuffle in assistant coaches. Is this a product of a lack of supply out there? Lack of asst coach $$ available to bring someone else in? Or is Bob really happy with who he has?

21 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Anything other than too many dads on the staff?  Lots of dads can be excellent coaches/additions to a staff. 

13 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

My guess is Noon, with his tremendous upside as a playmaker as a safety on D....am I right?

Charlie Noon did a great job doing whatever was asked of him last year.  He is so versatile I would rather find someone else to play QB and let Noon do anything and everything for the Birds this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Charlie Noon did a great job doing whatever was asked of him last year.  He is so versatile I would rather find someone else to play QB and let Noon do anything and everything for the Birds this year.

100% agree, which is why I think Bottom is probably QB1 front runner, but time will tell.

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

Anything other than too many dads on the staff?  Lots of dads can be excellent coaches/additions to a staff. 

That is very true. And a couple of the dads on staff are… 

My concern is that no matter what a dad says, putting that father instinct/bias aside is impossible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

100% agree, which is why I think Bottom is probably QB1 front runner, but time will tell.

We are in lockstep.  Noon reminds me of Mohamed Sanu meaning in this context he can still step in and play QB if needed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

That is very true. And a couple of the dads on staff are… 

My concern is that no matter what a dad says, putting that father instinct/bias aside is impossible. 

The Highlands fan in me, and there is a big one, wants to give Coach Sphire the complete benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.