Highlands - 2022 Schedule

On 2/4/2022 at 9:19 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

Throw caution in the wind! Love it, would you agree moving away from QB controversy....Noon should be a starting Safety.

It would not surprise me at all if Noon didn't even take reps at QB during spring football. I think it is a two horse race between Benke and Bottom. 

11 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Isn’t Benke’s main sport baseball?  Thought Bottom played as well.

I asked that question earlier or maybe in a previous thread but never got a response. I believe Benke plays baseball but not sure about Bottom. If one of them chooses to not play baseball and do spring football, I would have to believe that would give them a big leg up on winning the QB job. It is purely speculation/opinion on my part, but I think the best team move for HHS is for Noon to play safety and all over the place on offense. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I asked that question earlier or maybe in a previous thread but never got a response. I believe Benke plays baseball but not sure about Bottom. If one of them chooses to not play baseball and do spring football, I would have to believe that would give them a big leg up on winning the QB job. It is purely speculation/opinion on my part, but I think the best team move for HHS is for Noon to play safety and all over the place on offense. 

First off, thanks for bringing Birds Football back to where it belongs:  at the top of the thread.....glad it wasn't me that poked this bear.

Secondly, I totally agree in all assessments that Bottom & Benke should be the 2 jockeying for the main job.  Where Noon is the man that will be all over the field.....I see Noon as the player that everyone wanted Brycen Huddy to be, which is someone out there on Defense, Offense and Special Teams....unfortunately that didn't happen until the last 2 games of his career.  Noon might get his whole Sr year being the Do It All guy on the field......

Now, who I would lean on is Bottom.  One reason being to your point Benke does love his baseball and loves his basketball.  Bottom I believe has played baseball BUT I think if Sphire dangles that carrot in front of him as the potential 2 year starting QB1, I don't know if I could turn my back on that offer.  This is not saying Benke could do all 3 of his sports, I am all about kids playing as many of their passions as they want and Benke is a stud of an athlete that might be able to do it.

But you can't deny reps that Bottom could potentially get in the Spring if he chooses to walk away from baseball.....

I don't see much of a downside on which direction the program goes with these 2.....

In Bob I Trust!!!!

GO BIRDS!!!!

thanks again @Kenny Powers

18 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

First off, thanks for bringing Birds Football back to where it belongs:  at the top of the thread.....glad it wasn't me that poked this bear.

Secondly, I totally agree in all assessments that Bottom & Benke should be the 2 jockeying for the main job.  Where Noon is the man that will be all over the field.....I see Noon as the player that everyone wanted Brycen Huddy to be, which is someone out there on Defense, Offense and Special Teams....unfortunately that didn't happen until the last 2 games of his career.  Noon might get his whole Sr year being the Do It All guy on the field......

Now, who I would lean on is Bottom.  One reason being to your point Benke does love his baseball and loves his basketball.  Bottom I believe has played baseball BUT I think if Sphire dangles that carrot in front of him as the potential 2 year starting QB1, I don't know if I could turn my back on that offer.  This is not saying Benke could do all 3 of his sports, I am all about kids playing as many of their passions as they want and Benke is a stud of an athlete that might be able to do it.

But you can't deny reps that Bottom could potentially get in the Spring if he chooses to walk away from baseball.....

I don't see much of a downside on which direction the program goes with these 2.....

In Bob I Trust!!!!

GO BIRDS!!!!

thanks again @Kenny Powers

We are so much on the same page it is wild haha. Don't get me started on the misuse of Huddy. It was criminal and an embarrassment. He should be in the record books at HHS and should have gone down as one of the best to do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

It would not surprise me at all if Noon didn't even take reps at QB during spring football. I think it is a two horse race between Benke and Bottom. 

I thought Preston Agee was pretty easily the best player on CCH last year. I think Noon is a better version of him. A little bigger, a little more athletic, a little bit more fluid. Highlands should, and sounds like will, play him in a similar role at receiver, safety and wildcat QB. He should have a big time year. 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 10:57 AM, FrankNicodemus said:

I'm getting exciting just thinking about it. The weapons on offense is going to be SICK: Noon, Hinegardner, Class, Benke, Geisler....to name a few. 

LETS GO!!!!

Don't forget Soph's Surrey,James and Arnold. At 6'-3" Arnold can really stretch the Field. Surrey makes the width of the Field seem wider than it is at a slot and James is starting to find his Legs at RB. Hold on Birds fans.

1 minute ago, BirdDaddy said:

Don't forget Soph's Surrey,James and Arnold. At 6'-3" Arnold can really stretch the Field. Surrey makes the width of the Field seem wider than it is at a slot and James is starting to find his Legs at RB. Hold on Birds fans.

I totally forgot about James, he was fun to watch in the Preseason game against was it the Male scrimmage?

a James, Geisler backfield is going to be legit if they stay nice an healthy!

2 years of that 1-2 punch with Noon also for this coming year.....my goodness

T - minus 177 days until Rafferty's

8 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I totally forgot about James, he was fun to watch in the Preseason game against was it the Male scrimmage?

I heard that James was the strongest kid in the program last year from 9-12. I don't know if that was good or bad. Good for Devon but maybe bad for the overall program.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

What the heck happened to Hosea? Sr coming in this year and was the starter as a Soph in a Win against Ryle. I remember him battling some Injuries shortly after that. What happened to him his Jr year? He was totally missing from the Offense last year. Injured? They could of used him in desperate way last year.

2 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

What the heck happened to Hosea? Sr to be and was the starter as a Soph in a Win against Ryle. I remember him battling some Injuries shortly after that. What happened to him his Jr year? He was totally missing from the Offense last year. Injured? They could of used him in desperate way last year.

He got injured in the McNich game and never really became 100% it seemed like.  He finally got some "garbage" reps at the end of the Boone Co game.  So I am guessing he just never was 100% healthy and now with Geisler, James, and Noon who knows where Hosea would fall on the depth chart......can he squeeze in between any of those three?

Just now, FrankNicodemus said:

He got injured in the McNich game and never really became 100% it seemed like.  He finally got some "garbage" reps at the end of the Boone Co game.  So I am guessing he just never was 100% healthy and now with Geisler, James, and Noon who knows where Hosea would fall on the depth chart......can he squeeze in between any of those three?

Looked promising as a Soph. Maybe he can help on the other side of the Ball where they are depleted with Baseball guys not coming back. He normally plays LB. At least that's what I heard he played younger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, uninformedexpert said:

I was told there are a couple of kids not playing football to focus on baseball, BUT, there are also a couple kids doing the opposite.  The second group, the ones not playing baseball, are much bigger impact football players.  

That's the answering I was looking for and was expecting, thank you!!!

wipe brow.jpg