Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

1 minute ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Middle school Head coach was filled by someone on the current HS staff Larry Bush. I think the AD and whoever is on the Hiring board  are making powerful moves.

Let’s be honest.. that move should have been made two middle school head coaches ago! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Middle school Head coach was filled by someone on the current HS staff Larry Bush. I think the AD and whoever is on the Hiring board  are making powerful moves.

Like they are trying to rebuild the program type moves?  

14 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Isn't that potentially a typical problem with a 1A program?  Unless you are a State Title powerhouse in 1A??

Most schools that are 1A-3A share athletes.  Its just how it is even your power house 1A programs have players that play everything which they should be.  Key is all coaching staffs working together because you aren't helping each other out by not sharing players.  

• Like 2

I am also not buying into the Facilities are subpar as an excuse for not getting a good candidate on wanting to come to this job.  Have we become soft in 2022?  Being a Highlands guy our weight room prior to the updated Fieldhouse wasn't anything great, but it didn't limit us from winning and being a football powerhouse.

Based on the pics earlier in the thread the weight room for a Frankfort looks at least nice.  How many machines you want in a weight room for 28 players on the roster??  Highlands had 3 or 4 times more players than that and the weight room was not big at all.

Just tired of the "poor facility" excuse on not having a good program.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

From the Ground up, Bush is the president of youth team. The kids will run through walls for him, and former player will speak highly of him.

Then it looks like they are making the correct decisions.  If you do not have a strong youth and middle school program then you cannot have a strong high school program.  Getting those two areas corrected if you wanna right the ship is the correct moves.  This will also open a position up on the high school staff for a new coach to bring somebody with them potentially if they can make a job in the district.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I am also not buying into the Facilities are subpar as an excuse for not getting a good candidate on wanting to come to this job.  Have we become soft in 2022?  Being a Highlands guy our weight room prior to the updated Fieldhouse wasn't anything great, but it didn't limit us from winning and being a football powerhouse.

Based on the pics earlier in the thread the weight room for a Frankfort looks at least nice.  How many machines you want in a weight room for 28 players on the roster??  Highlands had 3 or 4 times more players than that and the weight room was not big at all.

Someone would say that that has everything they could ever want. Places like Frankfort have to fight for kids and parents.  Just like Highlands has to compete for kids at Cov Cath. Frankfort has to compete with Franklin Co, Western Hills etc etc. 

5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I couldn't agree more. Coming into "poor facilities" is like a blank canvas to me. 

5 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

I couldn't agree more. Coming into "poor facilities" is like a blank canvas to me. 

Lots of places have poor facilities but if you want to revamp a program and the school is committed to it then hire somebody who is willing to go out and get money from donors, fundraising, etc.  Poor facilities for a new coach is an opportunity to build something.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Lots of places have poor facilities but if you want to revamp a program and the school is committed to it then hire somebody who is willing to go out and get money from donors, fundraising, etc.  Poor facilities for a new coach is an opportunity to build something.

Bingo.

3 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

EXACTLY, Highlands is a PERFECT example.  You hire the right coach with the gift of "salesman" gab, money will ironically be found.  That was one downfall for Wienrich at Highlands, he couldn't get the community (donors) to open up their wallets to fund things the school couldn't afford.....then here comes Sphire and OH MY GOODNESS, money is flowing into that program BIG TIME!