Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

21 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison to Franklin County. FIS is a tiny district. They'll likely never have the resources that County and Hills do. 

Not trying to compare them as far as having equal facilities but people are acting like the facilities are so bad you cannot attract a good coach or players.

23 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

FHS, doesnt have a big district, most of their roster were kids from other districts the last several years.. I can think of 6-7 off hand that had played at FCHS this past season being starters. 

Well if they want to continue to do that then they need to get some of the facilities in place to attract more kids.

2 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Not trying to compare them as far as having equal facilities but people are acting like the facilities are so bad you cannot attract a good coach or players.

They are.... But what kind of facilities is a district gonna pay for, that only 20-25 kids are gonna use and maybe 10 in the off season cause they all play everything.... the soccer team has twice as many kids. Just the reality right now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

They are.... But what kind of facilities is a district gonna pay for, that only 20-25 kids are gonna use and maybe 10 in the off season cause they all play everything.... the soccer team has twice as many kids. Just the reality right now. 

But that's a double edged sword, IMO. If you don't build facilities because you don't have the numbers, then what attracts more kids to come play?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

The school doesn't have to build them alone.  Frankfort is not a small town there are local businesses that may want to get involved with naming rights and branding.  Times have changed and budgets are tight so in order to get the upgrades you need you have to think outside the box.  

So... you are a business you want to invest, Keep in mind there are 3 schools here. where you going with your money?... Franklin County- 4a, state runner  up, two time region champ, 70  kids, along with a state champ middle school team. Western Hills- 30 kids annually consecutive and traditional losing seasons, small fan base, 2 win middle school program. Frankfort, 25 kids, small school, above 500 seasons lately, has about 20 kids on middle school program. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Yes and I promise the entire town of Frankfort is much larger than were I am from in far Western KY and we are still able to sell naming rights to sports complexes and advertising.

Frankfort is very much a small town, with three other high schools besides FHS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

So... you are a business you want to invest, Keep in mind there are 3 schools here. where you going with your money?... Franklin County- 4a, state runner  up, two time region champ, 70  kids, along with a state champ middle school team. Western Hills- 30 kids annually consecutive and traditional losing seasons, small fan base, 2 win middle school program. Frankfort, 25 kids, small school, above 500 seasons lately, has about 20 kids on middle school program. 

Anybody from Frankfort would tell you the money is going to go to whatever school that business owner attended. 

Next logical choice would be the biggest (FC). After that probably the most successful (lately, also FC).

I will say, thanks to Coach Foley's efforts in the last year, the locker room and weight room had new flooring installed (although they are very small), and the football field was re-graded, had some drainage put in along the sidelines, and was re-sodded. There are definitely worse facilities in the state, but (not intended as a dig to Frankfort), they certainly aren't anywhere near first-class. 

I see one incline bench press bench, one leg press bench, and two squat stations for the entire team...

Ex-XGp-LUWUAo5-U65.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Pq-WYAEzqbj.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Px-Xo-AEuv-ZS.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Pm-XMA0-z-I.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Pl-WYAsp9zy.jpg

FGm-Zhl4-WUAIJ4tw.jpg

FGm-Zhl3-WUAMo-Is-P.jpg

54a3c838-b990-4eff-b4ea-7ba8fcca4c76.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I will say, thanks to Coach Foley's efforts in the last year, the locker room and weight room had new flooring installed (although they are very small), and the football field was re-graded, had some drainage put in along the sidelines, and was re-sodded. There are definitely worse facilities in the state, but (not intended as a dig to Frankfort), they certainly aren't anywhere near first-class. 

I see one incline bench press bench, one leg press bench, and two squat stations for the entire team...

Ex-XGp-LUWUAo5-U65.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Pq-WYAEzqbj.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Px-Xo-AEuv-ZS.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Pm-XMA0-z-I.jpg

Ezx-Dg-Pl-WYAsp9zy.jpg

FGm-Zhl4-WUAIJ4tw.jpg

FGm-Zhl3-WUAMo-Is-P.jpg

54a3c838-b990-4eff-b4ea-7ba8fcca4c76.png

That incline bench probably is outdated for a tetanus shot it’s so old! Let’s be real guys these aren’t quality facilities. Let’s get some pics of the visitors locker room and then let’s ask are these Facilities kids want to show up to and work. 

Frankfort has more than facility issues. 

The four poorest socioeconomic communities comprise this district. The only hope is that there is a revamp of some quality and affordable housing within this community. Frankfort has a community problem. The money is moving outward and there is no money downtown. I would also love to see a count of housing downtown at this point. How many houses are of quality and standard? How many are owned for business purpose? There is no gated community downtown.

The next coach will run into some challenges along the way but hopefully the old faces will return and put some support behind them. Good luck to the next coach!

It’s next man up Frankfort has been playing football at Sower Field for over 180 years and they will continue to put a product on the field. Boyle survived after Chuck, X survived after Glazier, Danville Survived After Harp, Frankfort will survive after Foley! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

These recent upgrades are the "elbow grease" I alluded to in an earlier post. What they have now is definitely better than what we had when I was there, but still nowhere close to where it should/could be, IMO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

These recent upgrades are the "elbow grease" I alluded to in an earlier post. What they have now is definitely better than what we had when I was there, but still nowhere close to where it should/could be, IMO.

This was a step in the right direction! This is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was but the minute we say this is quality then we are part of the problem. I welcome everyone here to go to an earlier thread of what 1A Pikeville looks like. That should be the gold standard and if you’re not there you should be trying to get there. That place is amazing and says we are invested in your success. There are others that are equally as nice!

• Like 2