• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is really good to see guys looking on the brighter side and not shooting down the kids/schools from the 'lower' socioeconomic settings. Many kids in some of those areas have only their football coa

Craig is a very good person. You will not meet many better than him. He will be fine. 

Frankfort will almost surely take a step back in coaching with this change. I will be very surprised if they find a replacement that is near as good as Coach Foley. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, theguru said:

It sure looks that way Deuce.

I wonder if maybe Coach Foley applied some other places and the word got back to Mr. Barber?

Wondered the same thing.

The word complacency comes to mind…there is just not any excitement downtown next the football world and hasn’t been for some time now.. this has been the rumor since the end of of season around town.  

I will say hanging in for almost 20 years is impressive, Frankfort High has a long list of challenges for a football coach to overcome! I will miss his newspaper quotes, and those games between FHS and County  in the 2000’s and 2010’s were something to see! 

Edited by FLYGUY
3 hours ago, theguru said:

It sure looks that way Deuce.

I wonder if maybe Coach Foley applied some other places and the word got back to Mr. Barber?

That stuff boils my blood.  The man has to put food on the table and I will assume, provide, in part, for a family.  Just because he puts out feelers to better his financial resources is no reason for the school to turn their backs.   Any principal/teacher/super intendant would do the same.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

How are you gonna better financially than he has now? , he was the asst. principal, Ad, and head coach? 

Maybe he can't.   But he should not be punished for seeing if it is possible.

6 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Maybe he can't.   But he should not be punished for seeing if it is possible.

Agreed, like I said this job is far from an lucrative one!