Open Job: Frankfort

3 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Brenton Mcnear the middle school coach is making  a big push for the job. Circulating a petition I hear! 

That's a pretty sure fire way to not get a job in 2022, IMO. Let the process work and let your resume/interview speak for itself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

That's a pretty sure fire way to not get a job in 2022, IMO. Let the process work and let your resume/interview speak for itself. 

Agreed. If you have to petition for a job, or to save your job, I think the writing might be on the wall that it isn't a good fit. "That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em". 

• Like 1

Petition if true! Is hilarious! But always rumors around town! 

FC staff has several that could do well if interested. But I’d say they would not have real interest, due to the ins and outs of the job. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Believing rumors floating around Frankfort is a good way to end up with egg on your face. 

Couldn’t agree more.. will be interested to see the list of candidates for this one. 

51 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Petition if true! Is hilarious! But always rumors around town! 

FC staff has several that could do well if interested. But I’d say they would not have real interest, due to the ins and outs of the job. 

What are the in's and outs that would keep a coach from applying for this job?  

Won’t be any egg on my face!! I think it’s great either way!  I personally don’t think it’s a good job is what I mean by Ins and outs….  As well under that would be facilities, decreasing numbers, sharing kids with multiple sports and while In season. The fact that they ran off last coach who was winningest coach in school history. I think local folks know a lot more about those things and what your up against to have long term success. 

Edited by FLYGUY

7 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

What are the in's and outs that would keep a coach from applying for this job?  

I wondered if someone was going to take that bait.  I mean this isn't a program that hasn't won in the last 5 years.  Now granted it's not knocking on Kroger Fields door but in the last 5 years they are just over a .500 team, 28-26.  Seems like this is a program that isn't in the "gutter", with the right enthusiasm in the coach this could be a solid program in 1A.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wondered if someone was going to take that bait.  I mean this isn't a program that hasn't won in the last 5 years.  Now granted it's not knocking on Kroger Fields door but in the last 5 years they are just over a .500 team, 28-26.  Seems like this is a program that isn't in the "gutter", with the right enthusiasm in the coach this could be a solid program in 1A.

I could see it being alluring to some. For those reasons. 

1 minute ago, FLYGUY said:

Won’t be any egg on my face!! I think it’s great either way!  I personally don’t think it’s a good job. Ins and outs, would be facilities, decreasing numbers, sharing kids with multiple sports and while In season. The fact that they ran off last coach who was winningest coach in school history. I think local folks know a lot more about those things and what your up against to have long term success. 

Isn't that potentially a typical problem with a 1A program?  Unless you are a State Title powerhouse in 1A??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Won’t be any egg on my face!! I think it’s great either way!  I personally don’t think it’s a good job is what I mean by Ins and outs….  As well under that would be facilities, decreasing numbers, sharing kids with multiple sports and while In season. The fact that they ran off last coach who was winningest coach in school history. I think local folks know a lot more about those things and what your up against to have long term success. 

Do the football players playing baseball and basketball not lift or do anything during the football off-season?